Devon

MaskedOwl

Love Devon, but I know people who've moved down there only to move back a year or two later because it's so quiet.

Plymouth and Exeter are the obvious games for Latics this season, with Yeovil a bit further up the motorway, along with Bristol Rovers. I suppose Bournemouth isn't that far along the south coast either, although I have no idea which roads that one would be on. Swindon too.

Torquay are in League 2 at the moment - they're your nearest league team.

I think people like BigFin are in Wurzel country, so will be able to confirm or improve on my geographical thinking.

Edited by opinions4u

I think people like BigFin are in Wurzel country, so will be able to confirm or improve on my geographical thinking.

Pretty much concur totally with your statements!

Plymouth by far the closest game... with Exeter a close second. Bournemouth is a reasonable arse to get to, none of those south coast roads are exactly direct... Yeovils a git to get to from anywhere... Brizzle willbe a good hour and a half to two hours away....

You will realise how far away Devon is from anywhere shortly, two hours to get pretty much anywhere.... and dont try to travel anywhere in school holidays!

In terms of latics fans... I think you will be pretty much the furthest southern mainland resident...

Pretty much concur totally with your statements!

Plymouth by far the closest game... with Exeter a close second. Bournemouth is a reasonable arse to get to, none of those south coast roads are exactly direct... Yeovils a git to get to from anywhere... Brizzle willbe a good hour and a half to two hours away....

You will realise how far away Devon is from anywhere shortly, two hours to get pretty much anywhere.... and dont try to travel anywhere in school holidays!

In terms of latics fans... I think you will be pretty much the furthest southern mainland resident...

Thanks for the info guys.

I've been to Exeter and Plymouth before. Also Torquay when they were in our league.

I realise Devon is far away and quiet (despite being third biggest county?). Pretty much going for the quieter, outdoors lifestyle. My best mate also lives in Sidmouth which is good.

As for school holidays, im thinkin of re-training as a Primary teacher so will prob spend most of them doing nothing or marking!

I've been to Exeter and Plymouth before. Also Torquay when they were in our league.

I realise Devon is far away and quiet (despite being third biggest county?). Pretty much going for the quieter, outdoors lifestyle. My best mate also lives in Sidmouth which is good.

As for school holidays, im thinkin of re-training as a Primary teacher so will prob spend most of them doing nothing or marking!

Good stuff. If it is what you are after, there is no better place to live in the country! (except for the summer, as you say, when the 'grockels' (sp) invade - see a bit of lingo for you :wink: )

• 2 months later...
Good stuff. If it is what you are after, there is no better place to live in the country! (except for the summer, as you say, when the 'grockels' (sp) invade - see a bit of lingo for you :wink: )

I'm also going to be moving to Devon in Jan/Feb, to a place called Ashburton. Its somewhere between Exeter and Plymouth. I share a season ticket with somebody at the minute and im planning on doing the same next season so will be travelling back up to games around once a month.

Is there anybody who travels up from the southwest much who would like to split driving and fuel cost for some games? There will be me and sometimes the other half in the car so will have space for 3/4 others.

I hate you

I'm also going to be moving to Devon in Jan/Feb, to a place called Ashburton. Its somewhere between Exeter and Plymouth. I share a season ticket with somebody at the minute and im planning on doing the same next season so will be travelling back up to games around once a month.

Is there anybody who travels up from the southwest much who would like to split driving and fuel cost for some games? There will be me and sometimes the other half in the car so will have space for 3/4 others.

Hey buddy. I'm based in bristol - dont go up as much as I should these days (to home games anyway), however should go more, and happy to share driving/fuel wherever possible. Bristolatic who is on here is a regular too, so between us we should be able to help out - Bristol onwards anyway!

Drop me a PM when you are down here, will sort something out...

Hey buddy. I'm based in bristol - dont go up as much as I should these days (to home games anyway), however should go more, and happy to share driving/fuel wherever possible. Bristolatic who is on here is a regular too, so between us we should be able to help out - Bristol onwards anyway!

Drop me a PM when you are down here, will sort something out...

Brilliant, didnt think there would be anybody who travelled up from the area. Ill contact you when ive moved down.

Thanks