Child Benefit

oafc0000

Can't agree.

The state wastes enough of my money already. If I'm legally entitled to claim a bit back then I'll damn well take it. I'll spend it a lot more sensibly than any state run body in this country.

I think it's pretty selfish of Governments to overtax, provide mediocre public services, run the country in to ridiculous amounts of debt due to their economic incompetence and then come back to the same people that they've overtaxed and say "more from you chaps please".

So you are happy to take said benefit for yourself and then deny others claiming it in the future ?

That was my point...

I would of thought that was textbook selfish...

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's pretty selfish of Governments to overtax, provide mediocre public services, run the country in to ridiculous amounts of debt due to their economic incompetence and then come back to the same people that they've overtaxed and say "more from you chaps please".

I agree with this... I just don't feel the same about the state of said services...

I think the middle class are over taxed... but then so are the working class... Meaning the only source of extra money is the rich... and they are untouchable 9/10 times...

Which means we are all doomed :D

Edited by oafc0000

I work full time and do overtime to pay for my children, I am there for school concerts, coffee mornings, assemblies and every appointment my children have ever had which many of the other mums at school do not make, even though they don't have jobs to go to. I also do voluntary work which takes up a lot of my time.

Yet I am selfish.

To be fair Lisa, despite you doing all these things you are a cruel and nasty person, inflicting Latics on another person is a terrible, terrible thing to do. :disappointed:

To be fair Lisa, despite you doing all these things you are a cruel and nasty person, inflicting Latics on another person is a terrible, terrible thing to do. :disappointed:

Exactly, I am such a cow and a bad mother!!!!!

They even get a Happy Meal sometimes - how bad is that?!!!

Exactly, I am such a cow and a bad mother!!!!!

They even get a Happy Meal sometimes - how bad is that?!!!

I wasn't actually saying you ARE selfish... Just that a case can be made...

I don't know or want to know enough about you... I just wan't you to think about it from a different prospective...

Sorry if I wasn't making myself clear...

Like I said... I wasn't actually calling you selfish... I just wanted to view it in a different way...

But the childishness has began...

I will leave you all to feel sorry for yourselves :) I don't want a ten page argument :lol:

Like I said... I wasn't actually calling you selfish... I just wanted to view it in a different way...

But the childishness has began...

I will leave you all to feel sorry for yourselves :) I don't want a ten page argument :lol:

I don't feel sorry for myself, I am far too busy for that :tongue1:

?

Dan either join in the debate or bugger off...

Ok, I'll join the debate and give you my 'opinion'. My opinion is that you are so cocksure of yourself and your own opinion that you are happy to jump in with both feet, without letting the truths and circumstances of a situation catch up with your brain.

You were happy enough to ask details of whether Lisa had kids, whether she claimed child benefits etc and whether she thought it was not "greedy to claim something she didn't need" earlier in the thread, yet claimed not to know, or to want to know anything about her when she gave you a few 'truths' of her own.

I don't recall anywhere in the thread where anybody said that people should have benefits withdrawn, other than where it was suggested that people who wait for their benefits to be paid in to their accounts then go and smoke it/piss it up the wall, which is a purely idealogical idea (which I agree with entirely) but in practice could never be implemented.

Edit - typo

Edited by danoafc

Ok, I'll join the debate and give you my 'opinion'. My opinion is that you are so cocksure of yourself and your own opinion that you are happy to jump in with both feet, without letting the truths and circumstances of a situation catch up with your brain.

You were happy enough to ask details of whether Lisa had kids, whether she claimed child benefits etc and whether she thought it was not "greedy to claim something she didn't need" earlier in the thread, yet claimed not to know, or to want to know anything about her when she gave you a few 'truths' of her own.

I don't recall anywhere in the thread where anybody said that people should have benefits withdrawn, other than where it was suggested that people who wait for their benefits to be paid in to their accounts then go and smoke it/piss it up the wall, which is a purely idealogical idea (which I agree with entirely) but in practice could never be implemented.

Edit - typo

Shurrup Dan, you're wrecking his thread.

Edit - typo

Oh getting off your bloody high horse... I didn't mean to call her selfish etc.. as I said!

Read back her comments... She was saying if you can't afford them then don't have them (kids)... My point was that you should recognise the helping hand her (your?) family got from all the benefits she thinks she didn't need...

I was (and obviously failed) to try and not get into a situation were I would want Lisa life story. I never really thought she was selfish. I am just saying that there are a lot of people who are saying cut without thinking it through...

She certainly came across as being ok with the cut. Sorry if in fact she isn't... She had plenty of time to say she was against the cut.

Now lets all take a deep breath...

Edited by oafc0000