Child Benefit

oafc0000

Guest Scratch2000uk
And if we're cutting benefits, why not go for the ones that matter. Billy Scrote, who spends most of his days smoking weed on the settee in his front yard with his Stella swigging mates. Has no intention of getting a job cos it would stop him XBox-ing all day. Gets :censored: loads of benefits, that my taxes pay for, gets free prescriptions and dental.

Maybe if he was told that if he didn't get off his arse and get a job his benefits would stop. Maybe that way, the people that actually put all the money into the system get free prescriptions. Maybe then he would be paying his own taxes and putting money back into the pot rather than taking it out. Maybe that way we wouldn't have to cut child benefit. Maybe that way he would be too busy working to mug pensioners or knock down tbe local kids while doing burnouts in his dented Subaru. Maybe then I wouldn't have to get angry every time this debate crops up!!!!!!!

The only people i know who fit into this catergory are the local smack heads who don't live that far away from me. :unsure:

What should we do with with these people. :blink:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, it isn't the smackheads, the ones drinking Kestrel or the ones mugging grannies. That is making demons out of a category of people that aren't any different to you or I.

But, anyone that doesn't work (and claims) when they can is doing the country a disservice (and stealing my taxes) and we need to stop them doing so. I know four workless families (one fits the above category). And the village I live in ain't that big.

Personnaly I would cut benefits to a ridiculous level (you can live on a fiver a week spending money), and limit your time on the dole (two years). After that you are on your own. It has to become an emergency help, not a way of living.

Guest Scratch2000uk
To be fair, it isn't the smackheads, the ones drinking Kestrel or the ones mugging grannies. That is making demons out of a category of people that aren't any different to you or I.

But, anyone that doesn't work (and claims) when they can is doing the country a disservice (and stealing my taxes) and we need to stop them doing so. I know four workless families (one fits the above category). And the village I live in ain't that big.

Personnaly I would cut benefits to a ridiculous level (you can live on a fiver a week spending money), and limit your time on the dole (two years). After that you are on your own. It has to become an emergency help, not a way of living.

I do think the state encourages smack heads and alcoholics by giving them prescribed drugs ( methadone ) or extra payments in their benefits to pay for their opted lifestyles. :unsure:

I don't personally know anyone who can work, but chooses not to :blush:

I don't personally know any of these people, I'd like to think I move in slightly more respectable circles. However, I do work in what is probably best described as a deprived area and I see these types every single day. I'm not suggesting we cut them off completely. That would serve no purpose but to turn us I to some lawless state like may see in some Hollywood film, Robocop, without the robocop!

I do agree that their benefits should be cut down though. OS is bang in the money. It should be an emergency help not a way of living. Go take a walk around Miles Platting or what's left of Beswick on an afternoon (no point going in the morning, all in bed...). You tell me that the grown men hanging around on bikes are actively looking for work.... To many of them it is indeed a way of life. And although I didn't get their names and addresses, I've had them tell me as much on more than one occasion.

You're right, getting annoyed at a figment of my own imagination is pointless but I see it out there and those of you who seem to think these people only exist as ringers on Jeremy Kyle need to take off the rose tinted specs....