NHL 2010/11

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for the season to start, even if we do finish bottom of the division. Langenbrunner has gone thank god, he proved to be a waste of space last season and i was more than glad to see the back of him. As for Richards he will no doubt be sorely missed but we have signed 5 depth players of ranging abilities and addressed some of our problems on the PK and the face off dot so even though we might not have he scoring power anymore we should hopefully let in a few less soft goals which we were prone to last season. At this moment in time i'd say the coyotes are worse off than us having lost around 4 of their best players and i think it'l be a toss up between them and us for who finishes bottom in the Pacific in what may well be our last season in it if the rumored re alignment comes to pass. As for the ducks, no doubt they'l fight with the kings over who comes second to the sharks.

Oh yeah, sorry, was getting mixed up over Langenbrunner. The Kings will win the division, my favourites for the whole show (as much as it pains me to say it). The Ducks could finish anywhere from 2nd to 10th in the west, however think we have added more consitency accross the lines which is essential. If Hiller can get back and rocking it, then you never know. Phoenix are far worse than you in my book, a dead man walking franchise - why on earth will they be motivated for the season? I can see them battling the Sens, Jets, Cats and Avs for the worst in the league.

I cant wait for re-allignment. Getting Winnipeg for the Wings in the west is a bloody good deal in my book. However, it will be interesting to see where Phoenix are shipped off to for the final picture.

Is the realignment for definite now? Surely if Winnipeg go over to the West then Columbus have just as good a shot as the Wings in moving to the East.

The realignment is absolutely happening, they have already announced it, where the pieces will fall isn't yet known. The Wings have been very vocal on returning to the east, and i'd imagine with the power they have in the league that it will happen.

As I say, where Phoenix ends up could make it interesting.

Wouldn't really be fair sticking the Wings in the East given it's already the stronger conference but c'est la vie.

Geographically it should be Columbus though, and therefore that's what it should be. By geography alone if it's going to be Detroit then it may as well be bloody San Jose. Things won't work out like that, but if it was the Johnstone's Paint Trophy that's how thing would happen.

Wouldn't really be fair sticking the Wings in the East given it's already the stronger conference but c'est la vie.

Geographically it should be Columbus though, and therefore that's what it should be. By geography alone if it's going to be Detroit then it may as well be bloody San Jose. Things won't work out like that, but if it was the Johnstone's Paint Trophy that's how thing would happen.

I will be thinking of you all, I have my tickets for the Leafs V Sabres, Toronto 21st December at the ACC..

GO LEAFS GO. GO LEAFS GO. GO LEAFS GO. GO LEAFS GO. GO LEAFS GO. GO LEAFS GO. GO LEAFS GO. GO LEAFS GO.

I will be thinking of you all, I have my tickets for the Leafs V Sabres, Toronto 21st December at the ACC..

GO LEAFS GO. GO LEAFS GO. GO LEAFS GO. GO LEAFS GO. GO LEAFS GO. GO LEAFS GO. GO LEAFS GO. GO LEAFS GO.

I'll be thinking of you too at Ducks Vs Sabres on the 7th October in Helsinki... Only 5 weeks away!!!

Really cant wai't... :D

At least we both have something in common, we will probably both see our teams lose to the Sabres!

Edited by BigfinLatic

They're murmuring that realignment could be massive, doing away with divisions entirely. We'll see.

The TV rights, best thing would be a split deal (like the US one), with a bigger station getting to pick 1 or 2 "games of the week" to show, with a UK studio, and having pundits that can introduce the sport to Joe Public, and ESPN America showing any of the other games whenever they want, similar to the past few seasons.

When do we start the new thread, training camp? Opening night? I'm itching for the season to start, but also a bit worried that i won't be able to watch any games because ESPN still haven't managed to negotiate the rights for Europe. Although several different people seem to think that the NHL will simply unlock NHL Game Centre Live for us to subscribe to. But as of now it is still locked. That is no help to you guys who watched on TV because i doubt that sky will pick up the games, unless they replace elite league coverage with NHL coverage but i doubt it, they'd be paying more money for slightly higher viewing numbers