Prediction Thread: Latics Vs Colchester - 16/10/10

Oldham 0 - 2 Colchester.

They're a big strong team Colchester (last season it looked like we were playing a team of basketball players) , I reckon they'll bully our young guns around a bit. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't fancy this team to beat Colchester, they'll prove too strong for us I reckon.

We could really do with Gregan alongside Mvoto tomorrow.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Oldham 0 - 2 Colchester.

They're a big strong team Colchester (last season it looked like we were playing a team of basketball players) , I reckon they'll bully our young guns around a bit. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't fancy this team to beat Colchester, they'll prove too strong for us I reckon.

Nah, we aren't. Two of our three midfielders are under 5 ft 6!

I wouldn't compare a Boothroyd side with our team now, especially as he took Clive Platt off our hands (thank god). Ill admit we still have a centre half who is built like a brick :censored: house, but any self respecting league one team should have one of those.

We have been playing 4-3-3, with 2 snappy midfielders nipping at peoples ankles in midfield, one midfielder pushing forward (but he is combative as well), two attacking forwards/wingers and Dave Mooney as a lone striker, who plays as a footballing target man. Our real problem is we really play without a striker like Spain in the world cup, just a lot worse! At its best the formation looks wonderful, but win the battle against our midfield 3 (only Huddersfield have done that) and Dave Mooney looks isolated as the two wingers drop back to help, if they get on top though we can overwhelm teams. We tend to do better away as well. Theres an interesting article about our new formation below.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/08/09/thr...ree-man-attack/

I know it sounds stupid, but Ill predict either a 2-0 victory or 2-0 defeat - depends how our squad respond to our thrashing against Huddersfield last week.

Disappointed I can't come tomorrow, one of my favourite away games in recent years (no really!).

Oldham 0 - 2 Colchester.

Whenever I read your comments I feel like slashing my wrists.....for God's sake are you ever going to post something positive!!!!!

I wouldn't compare a Boothroyd side with our team now, especially as he took Clive Platt off our hands (thank god). Ill admit we still have a centre half who is built like a brick :censored: house, but any self respecting league one team should have one of those.

We have been playing 4-3-3, with 2 snappy midfielders nipping at peoples ankles in midfield, one midfielder pushing forward (but he is combative as well), two attacking forwards/wingers and Dave Mooney as a lone striker, who plays as a footballing target man. Our real problem is we really play without a striker like Spain in the world cup, just a lot worse! At its best the formation looks wonderful, but win the battle against our midfield 3 (only Huddersfield have done that) and Dave Mooney looks isolated as the two wingers drop back to help, if they get on top though we can overwhelm teams. We tend to do better away as well. Theres an interesting article about our new formation below.

I know it sounds stupid, but Ill predict either a 2-0 victory or 2-0 defeat - depends how our squad respond to our thrashing against Huddersfield last week.

Disappointed I can't come tomorrow, one of my favourite away games in recent years (no really!).

Thanks for the info...should be an interesting match then with midfield a key area.

I'm amazed it's one of your favourite away games considering the state of our crumbling 3 sided ground.

Thanks for the info...should be an interesting match then with midfield a key area.

I'm amazed it's one of your favourite away games considering the state of our crumbling 3 sided ground.

Trust me, move to a boring new stadium like ours where the stewards spent the first two seasons throwing out anyone who moved and even somewhere like Boundary Park (lets face it, the stadium itself is shocking!) with nice pubs, cheap booze, friendly stewards and fans (at least the stewards have been friendly in the away end) and Manchester down the road for a night out is something to enjoy.

yeah, i think with furman and stephens playing well we'll always have a chance and jones and lewi are good footballers.

it soulnds like a game where PD will have got get his tactics right and not hope for them to make a mistake

Ah, fair enough, you know best. I'll go for a 1-1 draw then.

Whenever I read your comments I feel like slashing my wrists.....for God's sake are you ever going to post something positive!!!!!

It's just that, we're pretty inconsistent when it comes to winning, we win, draw a few get another win, lose and draw get another win etc. Colchester are unbeaten away, they're a better team than Yeovil and Leyton Orient, arguably Brizzle Rovers too. We've done well to contain teams at home this but struggled to but them away, and given Colchester's good away form and our lack of consistency, it's hard for me to see a win.

Edited by PlayItLivo