Porter

rickoldham27

Hmmmmmmm?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. If Ports was half fit for saturday would you play him anyway?

• Yeah deffo. He scored on saturday and he's the best stiker we've got.
    • Nah. Drop him all together and put players such as Glombard and Warne up front.
    • Keep him on the bench and maybe sub him later in the game risking the fact we may be 2 down by then.

Given that most of our strikers seem to only play the supporting role and that Porter is our only out-and-out striker I think we'd have to risk a half fit goal scorer than none at all. Earlier in the season I might have thought differently but this game is so massively important it's a risk i would be prepared to take!

Guest sheridans_world

Whether he is half fit or not, he still scores the goals. His leg was very heavily bandaged after saturdays game, i doubt he will be declared fit...

I agree with you mark mate - this is not even a discussion... we have to play ports, best striker we have by miles, and, even if you agree with it or not, the hype around him at the moment makes opposition scared of us... even if he doesnt get the ball, defences concentrating on him mean our other players get space... no surprise that warney stopped scoring when he was out of the team.... ports is our best striker, he creates and scores goals, and even if he can only make 60 mins he should be in the team...

SW - sure the bandaging was a precaution, he was knackered when he came off and wasnt limping... sure he gets constant treatment on that knee, even after every training session (all one a week....)

Like it or not... ports to other sides is in the same bracket as Shap, maynard etc... would you be happier playing scunny without Billy boy... erm.. yes... the same goes for us without ports...

But against Cheltenham he clearly wasn't fit and it caused us problems in mobility up front. I'd keep him on the bench until we needed him. We have won 1 or 2 without him. He was also unfit when we played Chesterfield at theirs which affected us again. I hope they don't play 5 across the middle like at theirs, Shez didn't know what to do.

he has to start. even if he is half fit, get a good hour out of hima dn then take him off...(hopefully to rest him for the next three big games!!)

like everyone has said above, other teams a scared of him and he adds to the team by being a constant goal threat.

hope he can grab one early doors on saturday to ease the tension!

KTF!

saturday excluded we have only started layin in recent weeks in the last tens mins when we are losing/drawin...

we should go into the game on saturday with that sort of urgency level. theres no need to get carried away and start goin all out attack, but lets get stuck in, pass the ball and look to kill them off early!!!