Qatar's 2022 World Cup Bid

just seen the advert for it on ssn with zidane! a french guy advertising another countries bid?! good job we've got the golden boy 'becks' helping with ours!

Well he was born in Algeria, which is an arab country, so there is a bit of a tie in. Though it's not like you normally get footballers turning money down anyway.

carn't see it happen , for 2reason's 1 no alcohol is allowed in qatar :lipsrsealed2: , and 2 if israel qualify for the finals :blink: they won't be allowed in

Two reasons, both of which are factually incorrect.

Well he was born in Algeria, which is an arab country, so there is a bit of a tie in. Though it's not like you normally get footballers turning money down anyway.

He's not actually an Arab himself though, his family are from some random tribe who helped the French massacre civilians in their War of Independance, hence they left quite sharpish when the French got booted out (sort of).

Just goes to show what a bit of imagination and an even bigger budget can produce, no MFI stadiums there! I wonder if they fancy building a trial one at a plot of land I know about on the corner of Sheepfoot Lane and Furtherwood Road in Oldham :mmm:

Rather you than me when they are trialling the cold air pouring down the stands...

He's not actually an Arab himself though, his family are from some random tribe who helped the French massacre civilians in their War of Independance, hence they left quite sharpish when the French got booted out (sort of).

Theres still a tie in, just not a positive one!!

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Would there be any sanctions in place to ensure the stadia would be delivered to those specs? It all looks very impressive, I guess it comes down to whether or not they could deliver what they promise...

It's amazing what can be done with a bit of planning, hard work, but mostly cheap labour!!

Would there be any sanctions in place to ensure the stadia would be delivered to those specs? It all looks very impressive, I guess it comes down to whether or not they could deliver what they promise...

The staff at Wembley got themselves a couple of years of overtime by not doing the job and the contractors were paid as per contract. It works a bit differently over there... They would get built.

it's 3,000 miles away (???)

I think Algeria is an Arab country, because of the people, the language etc. as opposed to its proximity to the Arabian penisular. But also, put it this way, Algeria is a lot closer to Arabia than England is to the Caucasus, from where we get the word Caucasian.

Those stadiums look proper sweet, but most of them won't get built as despite them supposedly not allowing Isrealis in (I think if they did win, they'd have to under the terms of getting it, like how that Isreali tennis player gets to go to Dubai), them not allowing alcohol (much), quite simply there are other candidates who have much better bids. An Arabian penisular world cup will probably happen, but not this time and the best candidate is probably UAE +/- Qatar/Bahrain etc.

To me Australia or USA will proberly get the 2022 but knowing what Blatter is like and with a FIFA election coming up pretty sure if it kept him in office he would let them win it if it came down to the casting vote.

blater wants locking up ,i am sure he being paid off by russia so england don't get the world cup in 2018

I think Algeria is an Arab country, because of the people, the language etc. as opposed to its proximity to the Arabian penisular. But also, put it this way, Algeria is a lot closer to Arabia than England is to the Caucasus, from where we get the word Caucasian.

Those stadiums look proper sweet, but most of them won't get built as despite them supposedly not allowing Isrealis in (I think if they did win, they'd have to under the terms of getting it, like how that Isreali tennis player gets to go to Dubai), them not allowing alcohol (much), quite simply there are other candidates who have much better bids. An Arabian penisular world cup will probably happen, but not this time and the best candidate is probably UAE +/- Qatar/Bahrain etc.

Dubai is in the UAE so has nothing to do with Qatar.

blater wants locking up ,i am sure he being paid off by russia so england don't get the world cup in 2018

As both the Russian and Isreali federations are bankrolled by the same gentleman you might want to think twice about where you throw accusations around Bob. Before you break the habit of a lifetime and get everything utterly wrong, with a large slant of bigotry completely missing your own.