Rememberance Day DISGUST

robboman

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I know this is'nt Latics or Football related - just wanted to make others aware of this disgrace...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13...y.html?ITO=1490

Rememberance Day Poppy burning Muslim protesters mar Armistice Day.

Yep, not good at all. Mind you, I do wonder why "as do the English Defence League" wasn't included.

''yeah whatever''

what kind of comment is that?

A very appropriate comment. Scum like the Daily Mail, whilst masking themselves as the upholder of good and justice are actually making things worse by demonising Islam. These poppy burning mentalists are a complete minority of muslims who think, feel and protest this way.

And the EDL numbheads who went down to 'combat' them are no better, nay in fact just as bad IMO.

Ignore it.

Don't give them the response they want.

Or let them get away with it?

We all know what would happen if we did that in their country?!

Total disrespect which will go totally unpunished because we’ll get branded as racist...

Or let them get away with it?

We all know what would happen if we did that in their country?!

Yeah, you'd probably be stoned to death or something. Or maybe not, seeing as you'd be burning a poppy in a town square in Faislabad most people would probably look upon you with morbid curiosity.

Had to give in and click the link in the end :)

Its more than insensitive isn't it but I am not surprised we have some really pissed off people in this country at the moment. And there was only 50 idiots who did it.

Bought my poppy as always and made my contribution as always.

Edited by oafc0000

Yeah, you'd probably be stoned to death or something. Or maybe not, seeing as you'd be burning a poppy in a town square in Faislabad most people would probably look upon you with morbid curiosity.

I was making a point about disrespecting our country, so if we disrespected theirs – by burning their national flag in their back yard, then what would happen?

Some people are oblivious to these utter scumbags, others including myself – see what the they are like and what they do on a daily basis... If your british & proud - it would make your blood boil

Just because the Daily Mail are demented doesnt mean that this isnt utterly disgusting. I can only wonder what people would have thought back in 1919 at the first Rememberance Day if they'd been told that in 91 years time not only would British citizens demonstrate, burn poppies and shout that dead British soldiers were in hell but that others would just shrug their shoulders. In another 50 years you'll probably just shrug your shoulders when the whole thing is cancelled as not being "representative of modern Britain".

So what if they're a 'minority', that doesnt mean it's not repugnant and doesnt deserve to be a)reported and b)utterly condemned.

Just because the Daily Mail are demented doesnt mean that this isnt utterly disgusting. I can only wonder what people would have thought back in 1919 at the first Rememberance Day if they'd been told that in 91 years time not only would British citizens demonstrate, burn poppies and shout that dead British soldiers were in hell but that others would just shrug their shoulders. In another 50 years you'll probably just shrug your shoulders when the whole thing is cancelled as not being "representative of modern Britain".

So what if they're a 'minority', that doesnt mean it's not repugnant and doesnt deserve to be a)reported and b)utterly condemned.

I think the general feeling is 50 religious extremists don't count for very much... That is all...

Well said

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

Their protests should fall upon deaf ears, and drowned out by the sound of respect and remembrance of more important men. Today is not a day for anger or hatred, that's what this band of morons want, to cause a stir, to take the spotlight off the heroes of this country and onto themselves and their hate speech. It would be a huge insult to the thousands who died in WW1 if we allowed 50 or so parasites to interfere with the remembrance of those great men by giving them an ounce of our attention instead of devoting the day entirely to its true purpose.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Their protests should fall upon deaf ears, and drowned out by the sound of respect and remembrance of more important men. Today is not a day for anger or hatred, that's what this band of morons want, to cause a stir, to take the spotlight off the heroes of this country and onto themselves and their hate speech. It would be a huge insult to the thousands who died in WW1 if we allowed 50 or so parasites to interfere with the remembrance of those great men by giving them an ounce of our attention instead of devoting the day entirely to its true purpose.

well said also! Still, bloody hard not to think "F&!*£$!"". Why on earth the Police see fit to allow demo's like that is beyond me.

I prefer to teach them a lesson personally, teach them respect to be more precise - cut their f***ing balls off to be even more accurate!

Although I do agree with your post to some extent, they will feel invincible if acts like these go unpunished.

Edited by robboman

The ex service men I have spoken to over the years (including my grandfather) had one thing in common... A total understanding the hatred and anger are terrible tools...

Like another poster said... Today is not a day for hatred or anger... Just reflection...

Edited by oafc0000