Panorama - FIFA

Panorama are going to run a report into FIFA corruption.... People reckon it will totally destroy our bid...

Thoughts ?

Just bemuses me... Having been to a World Cup finally I really doubt we could put a great World Cup on for various reasons so not really arsed... Would much rather go places like Brazil / SA anyway :D But given the majority of people in the country would want it I really do question that the BBC and other news organisations have any interest in what the public want etc.

We know FIFA is corrupt... but is now the time to run these attacks ? Just seems like we are cutting our noses off to spite the face...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love the World Cup to be here but the fact of the matter is that FIFA are corrupt, many of it's leading lights are deeply unpleasant folk and it's demeaning for our bid people to be so desperate to win that they want all evidence of corruption hushed up and prevented from being reported. Better off without it and them.

Damn my bosses wont be happy,

I hope it doesnt affect our involvement in it :disappointed:

Given two members have just been chopped off due to British Newspapers I wouldn't be expecting the other officials to be loving the England bid right now... The BBC investigation will no doubt put the boot in...

Not that I am saying that is a bad thing... Just shows what a mucky organisation they are...

If people are on the fiddle and get outed, I think that's a good thing. The "greater good" needs to be established as being more valuable, and hosting the World Cup isn't more important than basic decent standards of honesty.

If those voting feel threatened by the BBC or other journalists, then they have something to hide.

I wouldn't want their vote anyway.

Fifa bans Adamu & Temarii ahead of World Cup vote

Fifa executive committee members Amos Adamu and Reynald Temarii have been banned over claims they asked for money in exchange for World Cup votes.

Few of the guys here know them aswell

Edited by razza699

razza...

Why do your bosses care where it is held ? Surely MATCH will get the contract regardless of where it is held ?

not necessarily , If its hosted in England then their is plenty of infrastructure in place to sell tickets , i.e. ticketmaster etc, but if it goes to a country with less resources there is more for our company to do if that makes sense . In South Africa there was only 1 company that could have sold tickets and they didnt have the capacity to do so , same with Brazil

not necessarily , If its hosted in England then their is plenty of infrastructure in place to sell tickets , i.e. ticketmaster etc, but if it goes to a country with less resources there is more for our company to do if that makes sense . In South Africa there was only 1 company that could have sold tickets and they didnt have the capacity to do so , same with Brazil

I get you... So your bosses wouldn't want it coming to England ?

All this said what MATCH do is bigger than selling tickets though... They do pretty much the whole show! Single point for sorting your hotels, transfers, transport, tickets, packages etc etc... That is valuable to people coming from other countries.. So I seriously can't see MATCH not being involved given they have a couple of WC experience now.

Edited by oafc0000

I get you... So your bosses wouldn't want it coming to England ?

All this said what MATCH do is bigger than selling tickets though... They do pretty much the whole show! Single point for sorting your hotels, transfers, transport, tickets, packages etc etc... That is valuable to people coming from other countries.. So I seriously can't see MATCH not being involved given they have a couple of WC experience now.

It would be better to put it in another country put it that way :blush: Id love it here though , but yes as you so we do everything you said and Hospitality so we will still be involved heavily in 2018

I was gutted i was not able to go to any of the games during Euro 96. However South Africa was a great experince for us but i would like to see the World cup in England.

Personally England would create the most money in hosting a world cup. We have the transport links already and FIFA know they could get away with charging Sky high prices games. Plus am pretty sure even low key games such as a Ghana v Serbia would still get a decent crowd fact we are now such a large diversity nation.

Of course the likes of Jack Warner and Blatter are going to keep on having ago at England. The fact the prime minister wants to meet Warner, he knows how to play off the political parties.

Although the Holland bid could be a dark horse and Spain i think could host it on there own without Portugal.

Although the Holland (and Belgium) bid could be a dark horse and Spain i think could host it on there own without Portugal.

Football, Legal Whores, Legal Weed, Belgium Chocolate and Belgium Beer.... It would be the greatest World Cup ever!!! :wink:

The problem with the joint Holland and Belgium bid is the government won't give some of the guarantees FIFA usually want so it won't be going there. I was reading the other night that the Spain / Portugal bid is actually the favourite as it stands! Which shocked me a bit, with Spain mostly being a :censored: hole (including the Stadiums) and likely to be bankrupt by 2018.

Edited by oafc0000