Panorama - FIFA

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You appear to be confusing the world’s largest group of breweries with the world renown brewing centre, which goes back almost to when Adam was a lad.

How could anyone believe that the Magor, Samlesbury and Stag Breweries, spread across three locations in England and Wales ,are in the same league as Molson Coors Brewery (formerly Allied Breweries and Bass), Marston's Brewery and the leader of micro-breweries Burton Bridge.

The recirculating fermentation system invented in the 1830s is known as the Burton Union not the Newport Union, Malmesbury Union or London Mortlake Union.

All together now, "You thought you had scored, you were wrong!" :lol:

LOL- perhaps because each of them brew just as much beer in this country as your 3 put together. The pint of Stella my Dad will no doubt be drinking now was brewed in one of them, the Boddie's someone is drinking was built in one of them 3 etc.. If you combine all the beers brewed by the giant conglomerate that is A-B InBev it is not beyond the realms of possibility that a third (so equally dividing the A-B InBev beers, which probably isn't what happens) is more than the Carling, Coors, Marston's etc combined. Especially now Weatherspoon's no longer sells Carling.

I'm happy to admit Burton had the title (even though the largest Coors brewery in Golden, Colardo, US is the largest brewery in the world). Perhaps they should claim the Global brewery capital crown. As for the nation's crown I'm still awaiting evidence from the Minister of Propaganda for Burton that Burton brews more Beer than anywhere else in the UK in 2010.

In Football parlance, Liverpool and Manchester United have won 18 league titles, either could claim to be the nation's most successful club but who are the Champions this year?

"Champions and you :censored: it up"

Or if you prefer since not every Bass is brewed in Burton http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_Brewery

"Shall we brew a beer for you"

Bunch of numpties, low- lifes who probably haven't got a clue what they could be doing.

What compared with this:

or even this

In terms of Hooligan behaviour England is probably the best, candidate just ask the poor bloke that had his jaw broken in the name of Ernie.

LOL- perhaps because each of them brew just as much beer in this country as your 3 put together. The pint of Stella my Dad will no doubt be drinking now was brewed in one of them, the Boddie's someone is drinking was built in one of them 3 etc.. If you combine all the beers brewed by the giant conglomerate that is A-B InBev it is not beyond the realms of possibility that a third (so equally dividing the A-B InBev beers, which probably isn't what happens) is more than the Carling, Coors, Marston's etc combined. Especially now Weatherspoon's no longer sells Carling.

I'm happy to admit Burton had the title (even though the largest Coors brewery in Golden, Colardo, US is the largest brewery in the world). Perhaps they should claim the Global brewery capital crown. As for the nation's crown I'm still awaiting evidence from the Minister of Propaganda for Burton that Burton brews more Beer than anywhere else in the UK in 2010.

In Football parlance, Liverpool and Manchester United have won 18 league titles, either could claim to be the nation's most successful club but who are the Champions this year?

"Champions and you :censored: it up"

Or if you prefer since not every Bass is brewed in Burton http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_Brewery

"Shall we brew a beer for you"

You miss the point. Other breweries can only follow the Burton brewing methods. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

You miss the point. Other breweries can only follow the Burton brewing methods. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Ah OK, not quite sure how imitation of methods invented/created in Burton means Burton is the nation's brewing capital. I will point out that now Newcastle Brown is going to brewed there, Tadcaster might have as much claim to say it brews more beer than any other town/city in this country.

To try and get this back on to topic, (clearly I was responsible for the digression), there are ways that the Panorama programme can improve our chances. Independent people have said our bid will make FIFA the most money, but if it goes somewhere else then why? Panorama and other such scoops would indicate its because some people have taken bribes, and very few people want to appear corrupt.

Ah OK, not quite sure how imitation of methods invented/created in Burton means Burton is the nation's brewing capital. I will point out that now Newcastle Brown is going to brewed there, Tadcaster might have as much claim to say it brews more beer than any other town/city in this country.

To try and get this back on to topic, (clearly I was responsible for the digression), there are ways that the Panorama programme can improve our chances. Independent people have said our bid will make FIFA the most money, but if it goes somewhere else then why? Panorama and other such scoops would indicate its because some people have taken bribes, and very few people want to appear corrupt.

Its very easy to get away with...

"The legacy aspect of the Russia bid was too big of a factor to turn down"...

"The Spanish / Portugal bid offered all the requested aspects, technical, legacy and income"

You can hear it now :)

I mean how do you argue against any of that... Its still going to look like massive sour grapes to bang on about corruption and I grantee corruption won't be mentioned for a long time if we win the bid. I simply don't buy anyone really cares that much about it. We have known it is there for many a year and our lives go on just fine. Its only recently people have wanted to talk about it, with the exception of panorama who have banged on about it for years.

I hope we don't get it, the game in this country is an absolute mess. Young players at prem clubs with little more than Carling Cup games under their belts driving round in ridiculous cars - Jay Emanuel Thomas, an Arsenal player crashed his McLaren F1 a while back, the former fastest production car being driven by someone who should be putting the cones out and cleaning the boots of seasoned internationals.

Best part of a £1 billion on a stadium and nowhere for the coaches of tomorrow to be trained, youth football reduced to big lads at the front and back hoofing it, young skilful players forced out of the game for being too lightweight.

Spare me "The Golden Generation" who can't control the ball or string 10 passes together harping on for the next few years about how they want to win it and that we have a good chance.

If we do get it the tickets will be £100+ for the 3rd of the ground left for average fans, by the time it does come round the League will be reduced to 3 divisions as smaller clubs like ours will have gone to the wall.

And if we don't get it it won't be because of the brummies or the beeb it will be the sheer incompetence of the FA for being derelict in their duty to the game over the last 30 years.

If we do get it the tickets will be £100+ for the 3rd of the ground left for average fans, by the time it does come round the League will be reduced to 3 divisions as smaller clubs like ours will have gone to the wall.

Very much doubt that...

They will be similar to South Africa and Germany for the group stages....

Cat 1 being £100 or so

Cat 2 being £80 or so

Cat 3 being £60 or so

Cat 4 being £40 or so

Obviously slight adjustment for inflation etc...

EDIT: Just checked the bid booklet and the cheapest ticket will be £40. So the rest of these numbers make sense.

Edited by oafc0000

An independent study has been carried out for FIFA by management consultancy firm McKinsay, looking at the five major revenue streams that a World Cup generates: ticketing, TV and media rights, sponsorship, hospitality and merchandise/licensing.

I've never quite gotten to grips with these management consultants. Presumably the likes of FIFA don't have adequate management personel? And if somebody's good enough to walk into an unfamiliar organisation and start pointing out what they're missing, why aren't they investing themselves? :unsure:

I hope we don't get it, the game in this country is an absolute mess. Young players at prem clubs with little more than Carling Cup games under their belts driving round in ridiculous cars - Jay Emanuel Thomas, an Arsenal player crashed his McLaren F1 a while back, the former fastest production car being driven by someone who should be putting the cones out and cleaning the boots of seasoned internationals.

Best part of a £1 billion on a stadium and nowhere for the coaches of tomorrow to be trained, youth football reduced to big lads at the front and back hoofing it, young skilful players forced out of the game for being too lightweight.

Spare me "The Golden Generation" who can't control the ball or string 10 passes together harping on for the next few years about how they want to win it and that we have a good chance.

And if we don't get it it won't be because of the brummies or the beeb it will be the sheer incompetence of the FA for being derelict in their duty to the game over the last 30 years.

Post of the week. I hope it's Holland or Spain as I might have a bit of that (probably whilst rooting for the home nation :lol:). I'd enjoy it here in England for the atmosphere and tourism but I'll be long out of this relic of a country by then, and the last thing our rotten game needs is for Euro 96'ers to be given a new lease of life.

Also it wouldn't surprise me to see Britain as a second rate economy come 2018 which, courtesy of civil unrest and an influx of easy targets, could see violence and crime mar the tournament. Perhaps.

Post of the week. I hope it's Holland or Spain as I might have a bit of that (probably whilst rooting for the home nation :lol:). I'd enjoy it here in England for the atmosphere and tourism but I'll be long out of this relic of a country by then, and the last thing our rotten game needs is for Euro 96'ers to be given a new lease of life.

Also it wouldn't surprise me to see Britain as a second rate economy come 2018 which, courtesy of civil unrest and an influx of easy targets, could see violence and crime mar the tournament. Perhaps.

OMG... What a load of carp...

I don't understand the bold bits. :blink:

As you're the man who, as far as I'm concerned, coined the term 'Greedy League, I'm surprised!

If you were highlighting an apparent condradiction, I meant that whilst I'd enjoy going into town and mingling with the girls with Swedish flags painted on their faces for a couple of days, I wouldn't enjoy the decade long football bandwagon that followed it.

As you're the man who, as far as I'm concerned, coined the term 'Greedy League, I'm surprised!

If you were highlighting an apparent condradiction, I meant that whilst I'd enjoy going into town and mingling with the girls with Swedish flags painted on their faces for a couple of days, I wouldn't enjoy the decade long football bandwagon that followed it.

I'm just looking forward to the Russians wheeling that pole vaulting chick out.

Thanks for the 'Greedy League' credit, but I would never have guessed that's what you were talking about.

I would love to recreate what this country experienced during Euro '96 :England: as a respite from the greedy culture which has become the norm.

Blatter got very excited when he was announcing that she was to be one of the presenters, including doing his pole-vaulting mime. :wub:

allison-stokke.jpg

I saw here being interviewed on French TV during the Olympics, I am almost certain that the journalist reached climax before he was finished.

Very much doubt that...

They will be similar to South Africa and Germany for the group stages....

Cat 1 being £100 or so

Cat 2 being £80 or so

Cat 3 being £60 or so

Cat 4 being £40 or so

Obviously slight adjustment for inflation etc...

EDIT: Just checked the bid booklet and the cheapest ticket will be £40. So the rest of these numbers make sense.

Cat 4 will be that, wont be any cheap tickets for the locals like it was in South Africa