The Ashes 2010-11

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The greatest day in my life was kissing the penalty spot (and getting an infection in my bottom lip from the pitch) after Redfearn's pen secured us the title.

Being at the Gabba watching Cook and Trott destroy the Aussie bowling comes a close second....Ponting's grounded but claimed catch off Cook made it even more satisfying.

Same old Aussies, always cheating! The prick even had the audacity to say he was disappointed with Cook for not walking....because he said he would. Yes Ricky...only if he was actually out!!

There were 7,000 there today; six thousand were Poms! look out for the red and white JD Sports away kit!

What made it even more memorable was meeting a fellow Latics fan on Stanley Street after the game.

Truly Memorable!!

Awesome weekend, but today was sweet....fantastic way to turn 50!

Absolutely loved the singing today. Must have been a real pisser for the fielders. You lucky, lucky man.

They're gonna stay destroyed after that, no question.

Without taking anything away from Gilchrist, anyone can get an average of 60 when you face average bowling for so long. Coupled with the fact that when he was batting down the order, Langer and Hayden had already exhausted the bowling before Gilchrist even faced it.

And Steve Waugh, more to the point. You still have to score them mind you.

Re: walking, I'm not sure. I think I remember Sir Richie Benaud saying that he was always brought up to obey the umpire's decision without question, by which he meant that he only went when the finger came up. I do hate it that things like fielders signalling a 4 when they hit the ropes seem to be a thing of the past, and there is nothing that reeks of bull:censored: so much as a fielder not knowing if he has grounded the ball before he takes it. But, what ya gunna do.

Found it (credit to a long-lost Latics fan, if he still Lurks!):

2ibD.png

You Beauty Ackey !!!!

I think I was either whistling or choking on my gold !!

Derby Steve the guy on my left jumped me 25 years ago in that god forsaken Subway on the way to the Baseball Ground....Handbags at 10 paces!!!. Fast Forward 15 years and we work together on the other side of the world.....Fast Forward 25 and we are besties!! How times change

He's Big, He's Bad, He's better than his Dad: Stuart Broad, Stuart Broad

Long to reign over YOU God save Your Queen

BARMY ARMY BARMY ARMY BARMY ARMY BARMY ARMY BARMY ARMY BARMY ARMY BARMY ARMY BARMY ARMY

Edited by L1onheart

Derby Steve the guy on my left jumped me 25 years ago in that god forsaken Subway on the way to the Baseball Ground....Handbags at 10 paces!!!. Fast Forward 15 years and we work together on the other side of the world.....Fast Forward 25 and we are besties!! How times change

I hope he give you back whatever he took from you :wink:

Mrs Tulse Hill puts the dampers on Tulse Hill's enjoyment of sport #56.

It's midnight in Dalston, somewhat confusingly, and Mrs T is off to bed.

24hours: I'll be in in a bit. I'll just watch the first session.

Mrs T: But you haven't said goodnight yet.

24hours: Goodnight! *tunes in to cricket as the Aussies are going out to bat*

Mrs T: But you haven't said goodnight properly.

24hours: But...it's the first over...oh okay then. *Administers cursory goodnight kiss to Mrs T and returns to find the Convicts at 3 for 3.*

Not necessarily happy about that, but the score is the score, so you've got to be upbeat.

24hours: But...it's the first over...oh okay then. *Administers cursory goodnight kiss to Mrs T and returns to find the Convicts at 3 for 3.*

Not necessarily happy about that, but the score is the score, so you've got to be upbeat.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Had this happen to me MANY times :)

I bet that doesn't make it in to Hansard!

barry_white_1288707863.jpg