The Ashes 2010-11

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another good day for us but, I would have liked to see either a higher total or faster scoring rate. Granted that is a fairly typical thing to say after any day's play. We might be going for a big first innings total to then skittle them in their second so we don't need time for our second innings but them aussies are now up against it and time and time again have shown that is when they perform.

Harsh Trott scored quickly, KP scored quickly, Cook not slow, having been 1 down in first over 317 a cracking score. Still 3 days to play and 72 ahead.

Strauss b Bollinger 1 3balls 0 0

Cook not out 136 246 17 0

Trott c Clarke b Harris 78 144balls 11 0

Pietersen not out 85 141balls 13 0

Of course you can prove anyyyyything with facts.

I still would have liked a few more runs on the board to make sure we get the win, another day of batting like that or even another 2 sessions should see us out of sight, hopefully. Bowling the convicts out a second time will not be as easy as the first innings and it is this bit that worries me.

Bowling the convicts out a second time will not be as easy as the first innings and it is this bit that worries me.

I suspect Swann will get a little bit more turn in day 4 ... previous Aussie sides have had the strength to fight back from this position before. I'm not sure this one's good enough.

should have played at that Strauss

in his defence, it did move off the seam (something which wasnt mentioned in commentary)

The Guardian suggested he should have referred it to the third umpire to be given not out as the ball was clearly shown to have travelled 6 inches over the bails :wink:

regarding the scoring rate credit where it is due to Watson, i thought he bowled pretty well to his field

didnt see North bowl, but looking at his figures it looked like he did the same, which slowed us down

Trott was recieving some short stuff with a well placed field aswell

as much as we would like to think, this is Australia they are no mugs

Swann will get a 5 or 6 for on this track in Aussies second innings. Its a bit of patience thats needed. BUT Aussie minds aren't like that of Warne, McGrath, etc... this lot are not up to it and Ponting knows it. Get Hussey and Haddin and you are through to a crap tail. So if top order fluff it much harder.

And it shows too with the defensive minded fields he sets up, pretty much saying he doesn't have confidence in them.

Edited by Oafc88

Going to rain tomorrow late afternoon and All Tuesday. Strauss needs to declare now to get any result. Get Anderson to reverse swing and Swanny to pitch it in Dougie's footprints and it will be all over a couple of hours before the rain sets in. Go for the Kill tomorrow, bat for ten days and I can have a ball in Sydney whatever the result. Sweeeeeet

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: Joel Garner, Mudassar Nawaz, Michael Holding, Colin Croft, Viv Richards etc are CLL / Lancs leauge players..... How dare you. :wink: Doherty is park on a Sunday morning. As Warne said these lads have grown up trying to be spinners and if thats the best well things bad. Hauritz is a far better bowler....Mind I am a better bowler.

:grin: Perhaps that was a harsh statement against some of the CLL's finest!

As for Doherty, we were having the same conversation last night, how we were sure that we could bowl better :lol:

Joel Garner - I remember walking past him at Hollinwood cc a few years ago when he played against them - HUGE!!!