World Cup 2018

Pritty good show from Prince Williams Cameron and Beckham

Russians showed an old video which according to talk sport FIFA delegates were not impressed with but was impressed by Englands as it felt heartfelt

Safe to say every tele in my company is on at the moment :lol:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like its pretty close...

Hoping either England or Russia gets it. I think it would suck if Spain got it. They seem to have many of the credentials of the England bid but not quite as good as our bid. If its all about the legacy then Russia should get it.

Its looking like 2 horse race now between England and Russia. the delegates have gone for a long lunch now before they vote so lets hope Russia dont slip any vodka into their drinks :wink:

Its looking like 2 horse race now between England and Russia. the delegates have gone for a long lunch now before they vote so lets hope Russia dont slip any vodka into their drinks :wink:

You listening to TalkSport... They just said that :lol:

I was VERY impressed with our bid presentation. If what is going on behind the scenes reflects the presentation then England should win. If only things worked like that :)

I was VERY impressed with our bid presentation. If what is going on behind the scenes reflects the presentation then England should win. If only things worked like that :)

Yeh had TalkSport on in the car before :lol:

As heard on the Catherine Tate show

"what on earth are you insinuating" ? :wink:

Mrs. S. watched the Russian presentation and said it had what England's didn't......... :gorgeous::gorgeous::gorgeous:

True but Russia played that video in their original bid book and it was nothing new

Also no Putin there only Andrey Arshavin

Beckham v Arshavin , only 1 winner hands down there in popularity

Edited by razza699

God knows how the journalists can tell how the odds are changing hour by hour when it's all decided by 22 gangsters in a secret ballot. And Putin not being there is equally likely to indicate that he has already bribed several of them and is holding the grandchildren of the rest in a secret dungeon beneath the Kremlon.

There is a feature on 5 Live at the moment about MK Dons being one of the potential stadiums, if we get the World Cup. Pete Winkleman is being interviewed and suddenly, every bone in my body hopes that Russia win.

Looked at my baby this morning who will be 8 when this carnival roles into town (if we win) and all of sudden I wanted us to win. We need to forget about crap like Winkleman or the failures or our footballers... Its all much bigger than that...

Will mean a lot to the economy and it will be great for the kids. If its anything like South Africa was, it is going to be great to rub shoulders with so many people from different countries again :)