World Cup 2018

Looked at my baby this morning who will be 8 when this carnival roles into town (if we win) and all of sudden I wanted us to win. We need to forget about crap like Winkleman or the failures or our footballers... Its all much bigger than that...

Will mean a lot to the economy and it will be great for the kids. If its anything like South Africa was, it is going to be great to rub shoulders with so many people from different countries again :)

Yep, especially for me working out there I met many different nationalities , funnily enough the nicest I met were Zi Germans !

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, especially for me working out there I met many different nationalities , funnily enough the nicest I met were Zi Germans !

You know during my whole stay I only saw two germans... On long street the night before it all kicked off... Two very pretty girlies as well :grin:

But I met so many different people from different countries... Got talking to 12 different nationalities in total in five days or so. It was brilliant! Helped I went on my own I think. Had no choice but to get chatty with people.

Edited by oafc0000

Not knocking you.

It is possible to do that in this country. If we all tried to do it, who knows what benefits would be forthcoming. :mmm:

One thing that worries me about a World Cup here is the integration. Most the English out in South Africa kept to themselves. We don't like the foreigners much do we. I kept well clear of most the English out there and I think I had a better time for it. Most of our lot didn't further than the Waterfront bars in Cape Town.

I hope this country makes the World welcome if it comes here...

Edited by oafc0000

One thing that worries me about a World Cup here is the integration. Most the English out in South Africa kept to themselves. We don't like the foreigners much do we. I kept well clear of most the English out there and I think I had a better time for it. Most of our lot didn't further than the Waterfront bars in Cape Town.

I hope this country makes the World welcome if it comes here...

Any foreigners will certainly stand out like a sore thumb in London :unsure:

Granted they might be burned at the stake in Bristol :wink:

Any foreigners will certainly stand out like a sore thumb in London :unsure:

Granted they might be burned at the stake in Bristol :wink:

I was thinking more Bristol than London :)

BBC sports news correspondent James Pearce on Twitter: "A source at FIFA has just told me that the voting is still going on. The announcement is likely to be later than scheduled."

Not quite the secret vote this would suggest.... People clearly discussing matters :)

Looked at my baby this morning who will be 8 when this carnival roles into town (if we win) and all of sudden I wanted us to win. We need to forget about crap like Winkleman or the failures or our footballers... Its all much bigger than that...

Will mean a lot to the economy and it will be great for the kids. If its anything like South Africa was, it is going to be great to rub shoulders with so many people from different countries again :)

When you put it like that....

However I agree with your comment that "we don't like foreigners", so many wont see this benefit! I quite like foreigners myself, in small doses. :wink:

Helped I went on my own I think. Had no choice but to get chatty with people.

Putting the world to rights were we? ^_^

So the beauty contest has been decided. The contest which is so constructed to allow favours to be swapped, inducements to be laid out and – if the allegations of the Sunday Times are correct – individual executive committee members to profit at the ballot box.

The FIFA inspection team had described as “perfect” England's readiness to host the tournament; the level of government support; the world-class stadia; the passion for the game in the country; the social projects of clubs and the involvement of youth.

FIFA had the opportunity to become a transparent international custodian of the world's favourite game, by endorsing the independently-assessed best bid submitted by England. Instead it has chosen to invite the criticism that it continues to provide a means for opportunists to sell power to would-be tournament hosts and private companies, and realise the ambitions of those hunting a greater share of the booty in under the counter dealing.