Glee

Zorrro

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a soft spot for Britney Spears. Not so much the music, but watching her bounce about when I was 15/16 was a sight to put steam in your strides

I think I was early thirties when the "Hit Me Baby One More Time" video was released.

I suspect what I was thinking is still illegal in many American states.

No matter how 'good' there are some things grown men just don't watch.

Personally i'm getting through the complete boxset of battlestar galactica at the mo. Awesome TV

Kerrching....! My favourite series of all time... as anyone who was on Soccer AM with me will know :wink:

Such as? Nothing Sky-related please.

Honestly, this is like trying to answer a question without using words.... errr... Downton Abbey and Doctor Who??

You dont go out so you might as well get sky matey... :wink: or at least a LoveFilm account, £6 a month for some serious box-set action... if you do, check out the following:

1. Fringe. The undisputed champion of Current TV. Taken 3 series' to get going but now it is just superb. I genuinely look forward to every episode

2. Mad Men. Incredible.

3. Dexter. Incredible too.

4. Raising Hope - something every new parent should watch. Have cried at most episodes. and its a comedy.

5. Modern Family - Just hilarious.

6. Greys Anatomy - My Absolute guilty pleasure. Mmmmm Patrick Dempsey

I dont have a problem with Glee. As I say, some incredible sections of episodes. I just havent watched a whole episode yet where I havent felt that the writers were temporarily labotomised for some or all of it.

No matter how 'good' there are some things grown men just don't watch.

Personally i'm getting through the complete boxset of battlestar galactica at the mo. Awesome TV

I've just ordered the complete box set of The Seeney, £21 from Amazon.

:censored:ing Glee, I ask you...

It was one of my guilty pleasures, il freely admit, but i went off it after that Madonna episode. Every other sentence was bigging her up and not in a subtle way either they were saying stuff that seemed to come from her PR machine. I dont like Madonna, music or the person, but even if i was a fan id have been a bit queasy after that episode!

Il make a reccomendation or two for people who are looking for some new series to watch and havent watched many to begin with:

Chuck

The Wire (Incedently i just the box set at the pricely sum of £44.99 off of Amazon. Absolute steal if you ask me!)

Edited by Oafc88

Galactica is awesome, but i was bound to love it as i love sci fi. I have every series of next gen and series 1 and 2 of voyager, all star wars films heroes and other such things. Never seen Fringe though

Glactica is incredible, quite rightly rated right up there with the Wire as one of the greatest series' of all time. I have all of my box-sets signed by Jamie Bamber which I am very happy with. Looking forward to the new spin-off which starts later this year about Adama as a pilot in the first cylon wars, has to be better than Caprica which was awful.

Finge is the absolute tatties fella. You seem to have the same tastes as me (except heroes, which was bilge) - Check it out. Everyone compares it to the x-files however it is far darker and funnier, and very grim in places.... when they are allowed to let rip in the second series onwards anyway...

I enjoyed the first series of heroes but the second onwards was utter crap. I watched it the first time it came out over here on sci fi, around a year before the BBC showed it. Sky Atlantic looks like it's gonna be good, looking forward to watching boardwalk empire. Have you watched deadwood?

Looking forward to the next series and Boardwalk empire to start on sky Atlantic.

I downloaded Boardwalk Empire as it was shown in the States. Really excellent show. Buscemi is as excellent as ever. I watched The Walking Dead recently too. Read the graphic novel series which is massively different but it was still good.

Currently have Sopranos, The Shield and House to wade through yet.

Glactica is incredible, quite rightly rated right up there with the Wire as one of the greatest series' of all time. I have all of my box-sets signed by Jamie Bamber which I am very happy with. Looking forward to the new spin-off which starts later this year about Adama as a pilot in the first cylon wars, has to be better than Caprica which was awful.

Finge is the absolute tatties fella. You seem to have the same tastes as me (except heroes, which was bilge) - Check it out. Everyone compares it to the x-files however it is far darker and funnier, and very grim in places.... when they are allowed to let rip in the second series onwards anyway...

1st season of Heroes was up there with some of the best TV currently has to offer, shame the 2nd was dire and messed the show up completely. Plot holes an contrived stories from the 2nd series damaged it beyond repair, no matter how much the more recent series tried to rectify the mistakes. Shame really as i really loved that show, up there with my all time favourites (if im counting just the 1st season :grin:). Also a shame that i got that fed up, i never bothered finishing off the 4th season and the ending, i just couldnt care how it finished. I might get round to it one day!

Best advice i could give anyone is to just watch the first season of it and walk away, you will do yourself a big favour :grin:

Kerrching....! My favourite series of all time... as anyone who was on Soccer AM with me will know :wink:

Honestly, this is like trying to answer a question without using words.... errr... Downton Abbey and Doctor Who??

You dont go out so you might as well get sky matey... :wink: or at least a LoveFilm account, £6 a month for some serious box-set action... if you do, check out the following:

1. Fringe. The undisputed champion of Current TV. Taken 3 series' to get going but now it is just superb. I genuinely look forward to every episode

2. Mad Men. Incredible.

3. Dexter. Incredible too.

4. Raising Hope - something every new parent should watch. Have cried at most episodes. and its a comedy.

5. Modern Family - Just hilarious.

6. Greys Anatomy - My Absolute guilty pleasure. Mmmmm Patrick Dempsey

I dont have a problem with Glee. As I say, some incredible sections of episodes. I just havent watched a whole episode yet where I havent felt that the writers were temporarily labotomised for some or all of it.

My patience generally wains after an hour, so box sets are out of the question. So, a programme that's on for an hour a week, not on Sky, that doesn't require much thought... that pretty much leaves Glee :lol:

I downloaded Boardwalk Empire as it was shown in the States. Really excellent show. Buscemi is as excellent as ever. I watched The Walking Dead recently too. Read the graphic novel series which is massively different but it was still good.

Currently have Sopranos, The Shield and House to wade through yet.

Walking Dead was quality. Wasn't sure about it after the first episode which was just 28 days later but when it grew into its own show it really took off. Looking forward to the next series anyway.

Sopranos, Wire, Madmen. For anyone out there looking for a few hours to kill with some amazing television.

Walking Dead was quality. Wasn't sure about it after the first episode which was just 28 days later but when it grew into its own show it really took off. Looking forward to the next series anyway.

Sopranos, Wire, Madmen. For anyone out there looking for a few hours to kill with some amazing television.

Just borrowed season 1 of Madmen to fill the void left by The Wire. I'm not holding out much hope that it'll be as good.

My patience generally wains after an hour, so box sets are out of the question. So, a programme that's on for an hour a week, not on Sky, that doesn't require much thought... that pretty much leaves Glee :lol:

Horizon? Anything on the BBC in documentary form. About ten years worth of comedy back cataloged on the 4OD site?