'the wrecking ball'

He was magnificent against Brentford.

Awful today. It happens.

he must save his bad games for me then because what ive seen of him he is :censored:e and that miss for a striker was criminal

his first touch is/was poor, he cant hit a barn door, the only thing he has got is strength, Reid did more than him for the 5 mins or so he was on the pitch

The reason people like him is because he is obviously a bastard to play against and brings our flair players into the game with his hold-up play. I don't think he will be an out and out goal scorer, he misses far too many for that, if you think of him as a lower league Emile Heskey that's about right. Excpet if a few years time he has the potential to be better than the likes of Heskey/Crouch.

For me, if Tounkara scores his player rating is automatically an 8, for lots of our other players the same doesn't apply.

dont really understand the praise he gets on here

that Ronnie Rosenthal miss today was diabolical, as was his miss at Walsall

He is overrated on here, admittedly. But he is a handful for most defences and can bring others into play, his finishing is terrible and he has missed a few sitters this season, if he wasn't a fans favourite he'd have been berated in a more justifiable fashion than Brill was. But if he could finish, along with his other attributes he'd be a very good player. That said I'd like to see him rested on the bench and Reuben Reid playing up front, let's see how we do without playing a target man to slow down our tempo and try and play the ball on the floor around the opposition box a bit more.

he must save his bad games for me then because what ive seen of him he is :censored:e and that miss for a striker was criminal

his first touch is/was poor, he cant hit a barn door, the only thing he has got is strength, Reid did more than him for the 5 mins or so he was on the pitch

If you want the poacher instincts of Lee Hughes he isn't your man.

If you want dominance in the air then Tonk won't provide it. Aim for his chest boys, not 1 foot above his head.

If you want somebody who can hold the ball up well and pull defences all over the place, and has a blistering turn of pace after his first two strides have been achieved ... Tonk's got it.

Think too much is being asked of him at the moment, to be honest.

He's pretty much the centre-piece of our strikeforce and before he came here had little first-team experience. On Tuesday he looked knackered and, I would imagine it was the same today?

He needs resting. ":censored:e" he certainly isn't....

Think too much is being asked of him at the moment, to be honest.

He's pretty much the centre-piece of our strikeforce and before he came here had little first-team experience. On Tuesday he looked knackered and, I would imagine it was the same today?

He needs resting. ":censored:e" he certainly isn't....

agreed he needs a rest, think he's started every game this season apart from Shrewsbury?

Thats alot to ask of a player in his first professional season.

If you want the poacher instincts of Lee Hughes he isn't your man.

If you want dominance in the air then Tonk won't provide it. Aim for his chest boys, not 1 foot above his head.

If you want somebody who can hold the ball up well and pull defences all over the place, and has a blistering turn of pace after his first two strides have been achieved ... Tonk's got it.

very generous, ill give you a grand for your car :grin:

He is overrated on here, admittedly. But he is a handful for most defences and can bring others into play, his finishing is terrible and he has missed a few sitters this season, if he wasn't a fans favourite he'd have been berated in a more justifiable fashion than Brill was. But if he could finish, along with his other attributes he'd be a very good player. That said I'd like to see him rested on the bench and Reuben Reid playing up front, let's see how we do without playing a target man to slow down our tempo and try and play the ball on the floor around the opposition box a bit more.

I don't think that's true.. He does miss too many decent chances but he's a grafter, we've scored a few goals and created a load of chances through him chasing lost causes. He runs himself into the ground and that's why I rate him as much as any other reason... Bit of a cliche but when you've paid your hard earned cash that's what you want.

Including losing the ball on half way for the 'pen'

He tried too hard to impress imho rather than do a team job

Edited by dazlatic