Failsworth Stadium Move Blocked

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really feel for Simon Corney, especially as he has put so much personal time and money into it.

From my untrainined and far away eye, it does seem like yet another Council cock up, very amateurish.

Clearly the devil is in the detail of the report.

I just hope there is a silver lining to this cloud.

I'd really like Deigo's view on this.

I believe the key is in the detail:

They say the council were 'not fully informed' in bringing the swap forward, slammed the consultation process for being 'weak' and said 'conflicts of interest were not properly managed'.

A properly run process would probably see the swap being approved, so it might be a case of 'do it properly and come back'.

Hopefully.

I believe the key is in the detail:

They say the council were 'not fully informed' in bringing the swap forward, slammed the consultation process for being 'weak' and said 'conflicts of interest were not properly managed'.

A properly run process would probably see the swap being approved, so it might be a case of 'do it properly and come back'.

Hopefully.

fingers-crossed-emoticon.gif

Personally hope TTA sue the council for all their worth after this (which I believe they could do as they bought the Lancaster club under the impression that they would be allowed to develop on the adjacent land).

Either way, this is not good. We have no future at BP, Failsworth apparently now dead in the water...

Personally hope TTA sue the council for all their worth after this (which I believe they could do as they bought the Lancaster club under the impression that they would be allowed to develop on the adjacent land).

Either way, this is not good. We have no future at BP, Failsworth apparently now dead in the water...

Is it something the club themselves are doing wrong? How times can you :censored: plans up? Just asking like……

Oldham the town doesn't deserve a football league club, let's move to Tameside….their Council has been in place for years and seen as far more progressive and ambitious….

To be fair it wasnt really us who :censored:ed this up, rather the incompetence of the council?

it was the council who identified the site, and TTA bought the lancaster club on the basis that Oldham Council told them they would be ok to develop on the plot?

And you know what, as much as it has been laughed off in the past, a move to tameside could be the only way this football club would have a future, cos it sure as :censored: aint got a future in Oldham

There isn't a place called Tameside. It's a Metropolitan Borough of Greater Manchester and spans the towns of Ashton-under-Lyne, Audenshaw, Denton, Droylsden, Dukinfield, Hyde, Mossley and Stalybridge. These towns all have football clubs (two in Ashton) and a couple of them are only three promotions from the football league.

How arrogant would we be to turn up with our football club? Thankfully, as far as I know, a move out of the borough of Oldham is not even being considered and neither should it. We're Oldham Athletic.

Like those who are personally funding the interim period before we become a viable buisness I am gutted. This simply extends the period we remain in the red and at risk of going under.

The reasons given however are basic challenges that the club should and hopefully did put to the Council. In all my dealings with councils you second guess their incompetence and make sure all areas are covered because it is you that carries all the risk. The quoted reasons are cringingly embarrassing for someone.

And before the anti Failsworth brigade start cheering, could you put forward the solution that will bring assured viability.

There isn't a place called Tameside. It's a Metropolitan Borough of Greater Manchester and spans the towns of Ashton-under-Lyne, Audenshaw, Denton, Droylsden, Dukinfield, Hyde, Mossley and Stalybridge. These towns all have football clubs (two in Ashton) and a couple of them are only three promotions from the football league.

How arrogant would we be to turn up with our football club? Thankfully, as far as I know, a move out of the borough of Oldham is not even being considered and neither should it. We're Oldham Athletic.

What he said

Unless we can find a rich arab and quickly, Oldham Athletic has no future in the metropolitan borough of Oldham

Because there is no money to redevelope it, whatever money we would have been able to put into building a new stadium was reliant on selling the land at BP

Forgive me but where are options D,E & F?

Maybe we should sell those houses already half built. Re-build a mini-lookers and go back to status quo circa 2005. Worked well enough then. Success might be around the corner, build when we go up.

Like those who are personally funding the interim period before we become a viable buisness I am gutted. This simply extends the period we remain in the red and at risk of going under.

The reasons given however are basic challenges that the club should and hopefully did put to the Council. In all my dealings with councils you second guess their incompetence and make sure all areas are covered because it is you that carries all the risk. The quoted reasons are cringingly embarrassing for someone.

And before the anti Failsworth brigade start cheering, could you put forward the solution that will bring assured viability.

As a member of the anti Failsworth/Newton Heath brigade, unfortunately, there is no solution, as all of TTAs eggs were put in one basket. Lookers was inexplicably knocked down and they've already sold off a chunk of BP. I would guess that the only hope now is if SC can attract new investors.

Forgive me but where are options D,E & F?

Maybe we should sell those houses already half built. Re-build a mini-lookers and go back to status quo circa 2005. Worked well enough then. Success might be around the corner, build when we go up.

How many times were we told by Simon Corney though that there 'was no plan B'?

As a member of the anti Failsworth/Newton Heath brigade, unfortunately, there is no solution, as all of TTAs eggs were put in one basket. Lookers was inexplicably knocked down and they've already sold off a chunk of BP. I would guess that the only hope now is if SC can attract new investors.

No they haven't.