Failsworth Stadium Move Blocked

Nope, the club are building the houses themselves and still own the land

I thought Holroy Developments were building those houses behind the Chaddy end? You know, the ones that only The Borrowers could live in at the moment.

Perhaps Harry Dowds Green Shirt could enlighten us?!

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Holroy Developments were building those houses behind the Chaddy end? You know, the ones that only The Borrowers could live in at the moment.

Perhaps Harry Dowds Green Shirt could enlighten us?!

It's a partnership between TTA and Holroy. No land has actually been sold, although clearly it will be (plot by plot) once the houses are built.

You're right about it not being about planning permission Tony, but you would hope the council would be able to identify the status of all of the land that falls within it's administrative borders wouldn't you?!

Yup.

so have the council ballsed it up or not?

Yup

The council have balls up with the detail but not the planning committee knocking back us good white folk building our nice British football ground whilst letting johnny foreigner build his mosque or whatever kind of way that has been suggested...etc..etc... Incompetence rather than petty small mindedness.

Would it be the club who sued the council though? Or TTA? Either way if this scheme is dead in the water I think the club have every right to expect compensation of some sort to cover the expenditure on the failsworth project.

The schemes not dead in the water Carl, the CC have asked that due process is followed - it hasn't been for whatever reason.

Like it or lump it the club will have to continue to work with the council until we get a final decision, the decision we have received is because of a conflict of interests and not shuffling paper in the correct order. Once the OMBC :censored:tards follow that due process the application can be looked at again. Then there's the appeals process and that's where those of us that have the greater good of the club at heart can write letters, send emails go on a student like rampage at their offices.

Of course, emotions will be rather raw at BP at the moment but like the failed planning application - I expect the club to take a step back, take stock and look at all their options. Simply suing the council would be wrong AT THE MOMENT. Get them to follow due process, appeal and sue the arse of them if we still get knocked-back...

Edited by oafcprozac

Nothing to do with politics and not relevent to the debate. You have no evidence that the Charities Commission would have (or have previously) treated a Mosque development any differently. Therefore in my opinion it is a racist comment.

If its offended you send him a PM, I dont really care how you read it or what your opinion is.

For fooks sake keep the R word off this board.

No they haven't.

Except for the fact that houses are being built behind the back of the Chaddy End.

Nope, the club are building the houses themselves and still own the land

The club are building houses themselves? Is that post meant to be taken seriously? The club doesn't even own anything anymore, the departed members of the TTA do.

Edited by slurms mckenzie

A huge blow but doesn't sound like it's the end for Failsworth yet, just another delay.

We need some other options than Failsworth, do we speak to the guy who owns Ferney Fields again? Is there another stadium in Oldham than can be made into a football-leage approved stadium?

Cahrlie Parker I am reliably informed is away skiing!!! :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

How dare he have a life.

There isn't a place called Tameside. It's a Metropolitan Borough of Greater Manchester and spans the towns of Ashton-under-Lyne, Audenshaw, Denton, Droylsden, Dukinfield, Hyde, Mossley and Stalybridge. These towns all have football clubs (two in Ashton) and a couple of them are only three promotions from the football league.

How arrogant would we be to turn up with our football club? Thankfully, as far as I know, a move out of the borough of Oldham is not even being considered and neither should it. We're Oldham Athletic.

I know, thanks for clearing that up :wink: but we'd have to deal with TAMESIDE Council, and the possibility is not as ludicrous or as difficult as you suggest and HAS been considered previously...

A huge blow but doesn't sound like it's the end for Failsworth yet, just another delay.

We need some other options than Failsworth, do we speak to the guy who owns Ferney Fields again? Is there another stadium in Oldham than can be made into a football-leage approved stadium?

How dare he have a life.

beat me by 2 mins, whats the farmer up to these days?

How dare he have a life.

Stop being so patronising! The :censored: has hit the fan, and the Chief Exec is away - of course he's entitled to a life, it's just typical that our £200k+ Chief Exec is away when it transpires the council has royally cocked up!

I know, thanks for clearing that up :wink: but we'd have to deal with TAMESIDE Council, and the possibility is not as ludicrous or as difficult as you suggest and HAS been considered previously...

Yes, but we'd have to move into one of the towns listed. So:

i) We could no longer be Oldham Athletic

ii) Each of the towns already have a club

I am aware that it has previously been considered and nothing delighted me more than when it came to nothing.

The schemes not dead in the water Carl, the CC have asked that due process is followed - it hasn't been for whatever reason.

Like it or lump it the club will have to continue to work with the council until we get a final decision, the decision we have received is because of a conflict of interests and not shuffling paper in the correct order. Once the OMBC :censored:tards follow that due process the application can be looked at again. Then there's the appeals process and that's where those of us that have the greater good of the club at heart can write letters, send emails go on a student like rampage at their offices.

Of course, emotions will be rather raw at BP at the moment but like the failed planning application - I expect the club to take a step back, take stock and look at all their options. Simply suing the council would be wrong AT THE MOMENT. Get them to follow due process, appeal and sue the arse of them if we still get knocked-back...

Or sue the council and move to Ashton............. Only joking!!

Yes, but we'd have to move into one of the towns listed. So:

i) We could no longer be Oldham Athletic

ii) Each of the towns already have a club

I am aware that it has previously been considered and nothing delighted me more than when it came to nothing.

Why should we continue to use the name of a town that has in effect helped the club to die a slow death from its incompetent council to its apathetic public and its moaning NIMBY's? Do you say, I'm off watching 'Oldham' Athletic or do simply say, i'm off watching Latics? The town doesn't deserve to have a football league team bearing this backward borough's name...

Yes, it's an emotive subject and one that I was vociferously opposed to when Failsworth was first mooted I was gutted that a change of name was considered. Now I'm not bothered, that attendance broke my heart the other night.