'We Are Latics' Shop in Spindles to close

Closing on 20th Feb as it's costing the Club money.

The Club says it was a worthwhile experiment and it's hoping to get a town centre outlet for a Latics concession/ticket sales. I would have thought one of the Sports shops would be ideal.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...2289238,00.html

Latics Spindles Shop to Close

Disappointing news that it is to close but I am encouraged that the club still feels a presence is needed in the town centre soon.

Great news they are planning for a place in the town to buy tickets from still which I'm sure will grow from strength to strength. It will need to be advertised as an option on the website or else it could be forgotten.

Hope that a deal can be done with merchandise moving into another shop in the shopping centres. These decisions should hopefully maximise sales and minimize costs.

Latics Spindles Shop to Close

Disappointing news that it is to close but I am encouraged that the club still feels a presence is needed in the town centre soon.

Great news they are planning for a place in the town to buy tickets from still which I'm sure will grow from strength to strength. It will need to be advertised as an option on the website or else it could be forgotten.

Hope that a deal can be done with merchandise moving into another shop in the shopping centres. These decisions should hopefully maximise sales and minimize costs.

already mentioned mate

Think it was a good idea but whenever i popped in it was very quiet and did not always have an awful lot of stuff in. I would look at opening near Christmas next season again.

Always an idea to open it up again around Christmas time. If it's making the club money then it would be worthwhile.

Its pitty they could not get a more central location or one closer to a sports store where alot of younger fans would be passing anyway.

but those younger fans would have to be latics fans wouldnt they....

shame its closing but it was only a short term deal....however unless the proprietar has another buisness going into it,i cant really see the point in there being yet another empty shop in there,maybe a deal could have been brokered where it doesnt cost the earth....

jd sports sell our kit,so maybe tickets could be sold from there....

shame its closing but it was only a short term deal....however unless the proprietar has another buisness going into it,i cant really see the point in there being yet another empty shop in there,maybe a deal could have been brokered where it doesnt cost the earth....

Maybe so maybe not youngster who like football may have a look anyway.

What about trying to negotiate a small concession within the JD store itself, meaning wwe don't have the cost of renting a whole unit? Even it it's just a wall display and small counter in the back corner of the shop.

THe concession idea is the best, it was always going to be tall order with a full shop. But good on the club for trying it.

I am a bit nicely suprised how may match tickets sold. that's good, but I guess as it was easy.

Is this why we have not seen visually for a while?

As someone said, get the concession and then get it really promoted.

Chaddy outside, dancing girls, and boys that sort of thing.

Maybe we could get Mary Portas interested?!

That would be an intersting angle for her.

What about trying to negotiate a small concession within the JD store itself, meaning wwe don't have the cost of renting a whole unit? Even it it's just a wall display and small counter in the back corner of the shop.

i thought that, carbrini sponsor us so maybe selling kit and maybe the odd t-shirt would be a good option. there are usually competitions for latics tickets around spindles too so im sure they'd help us

Wouldn't the best concession be a stand in the 'communal' area, so that it gets most traffic? I imagine they're cheap too given they tend to be manned by people struggling to flog tack.