Next Season

Obviously don't want to upset the blind optimists out there but we can surely now start to forget about the play-offs for another season.

The biggest concern is that we will probably be starting yet another new season in August with yet another new team and absolutely no idea of how they will perform. I honestly think that is the major problem for us now, how can you expect loyalty from supporters when it's virtually a new squad every season?

God knows where we go from here unless Dickov stays and is able to keep the decent players he has added, try and find a striker who can actually score goals (ffs!), centre halfs who can defend crosses and build on what he has started this season

Fully expected to lose today, it was a dead on cert, it still doesnt cushion the blow, supporting Latcis doesnt half piss you of.

I think its the start of our drop down the table, just hope we can muster 3-4 wins in the next couple of months to keep us away from the drop.

Not trying to be dramatic but looking at the fixtures, it dont seem pretty.

Evina has been poor the last 3 matches or so and Tonk the same, Dikov now needs to show us what a good young manager he is and drop somme of those who are tired/under proforming.

I thnink he should start playing himself to be honset.

Edited by deckyd

We just don't win enough games to be in contention, 4 from our last 13 is not good enough.......i reckon we will need 75 for a play off spot which is 30 from 45...a tall order.

Like you say we may have a totally new team next year and may have to start again.....yes, it's so bloody frustrating but at least we still have a club!!!!

it's the fact that everyone else around us has games in hand that is the real shame in the last few results I said last Saturday that it was a good draw provided we beat Carlisle - we didn't, then before today I said we must get at least 6 points from the next 3, can you see us winning the next 2 games? It's going to take one hell of a run of results if we're to finish in the top 6 now

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Obviously don't want to upset the blind optimists out there but we can surely now start to forget about the play-offs for another season.

The biggest concern is that we will probably be starting yet another new season in August with yet another new team and absolutely no idea of how they will perform. I honestly think that is the major problem for us now, how can you expect loyalty from supporters when it's virtually a new squad every season?

God knows where we go from here unless Dickov stays and is able to keep the decent players he has added, try and find a striker who can actually score goals (ffs!), centre halfs who can defend crosses and build on what he has started this season

Utter tosh, loyal supporters stay loyal to there club through thick and thin unlike all them who jumped ship last season

Utter tosh, loyal supporters stay loyal to there club through thick and thin unlike all them who jumped ship last season

There will be many fans whom, as you claim 'jumped ship' over the last few seasons, have been watching latics through thick and thin for many, many years long before you were born and have many valid reasons for doing so, so as for 'utter tosh' - apply it to your statement.

There will be many fans whom, as you claim 'jumped ship' over the last few seasons, have been watching latics through thick and thin for many, many years long before you were born and have many valid reasons for doing so, so as for 'utter tosh' - apply it to your statement.

I know a lot of people who have been going for a fair few years now and have jumped ship at the sight of trouble. I'll be truthful I won't be going next season.

Yesterday was a blow to our chances but a victory against MK Dons on Tuesday night and it's game on again, yeah it'll still be tough. There's 15 games to go for us yet and it will be tough but we're up there and still have a chance. It will require us winning a lot more than we have been doing.

I think at the end of the season we'll fall short of the play-offs ultimately but while we have the chance still we should get behind the lads still and who knows what might happen?

I know a lot of people who have been going for a fair few years now and have jumped ship at the sight of trouble. I'll be truthful I won't be going next season.

Whats keeping you going this season then if you won't be about next season? Not trying to stop you going this season but I don't get your logic.

Hang on a sec, in your post earlier you are having a go at the people who 'jumped ship' at the first time of trouble, then implying you are going to do so yourself?

I am not having a go as such, like others, just dont understand your logic??

Like I said Carl I'll be back playing, it was a choice of rather spending £60 on away days or get paid a little bit more to play I don't think many would blame me for my choice. If I wasn't playing I'd be following latics next season home and away

Thats fair enough, who you hoping to play for/will you be playing for?

Like I said Carl I'll be back playing, it was a choice of rather spending £60 on away days or get paid a little bit more to play I don't think many would blame me for my choice. If I wasn't playing I'd be following latics next season home and away

But all those people you have grouped together might have nearly as good, as good, and maybe even better reason than you.

Edited by singe

A bigger concern maybe is whether Paul Dickov will be here next season, given he's on a one year contract only. He is on a one year contract isn't he, or have I missed a newsbite which saw him sign an extension? His running of the team has been the one sole reason which saw my faith return. A similar re-run of 2009-10 would probably have pushed me away even more.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

A bigger concern maybe is whether Paul Dickov will be here next season, given he's on a one year contract only. He is on a one year contract isn't he, or have I missed a newsbite which saw him sign an extension? His running of the team has been the one sole reason which saw my faith return. A similar re-run of 2009-10 would probably have pushed me away even more.

Thanks for bringing it back on topic FMS!

My worry is that so many of our plans; playing squad wise, hinge so much on which division we’ll be in. It’s been well documented how many of our players are out of contract; and we’re not left with much after this season finishes...........unless we can tie down some of the lads who are up from now on; and that is highly unlikely given all the uncertainties surrounding the club.

The likes of Kieran Lee, Lewis Alice, Reuben Hazell et all are out of contract and most of the ‘new’ lads; Abalimba, Reid, Todd – they were given deals that last only to end of the season too. My worry is like the OP; in that we could well be starting from scratch all over again in the summer; and that might include the management team as well as the players. Time will tell eh?