The Official OWTB Cricket World Cup Thread

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, absolute comedy cricket from England.

Anderson is bowling 8 ball overs, we are taking wickets that are being called no balls because we don't have enough men in the circle, dropped catches, this is poor village cricket from England.

Holland finished on 292/6.

We will have to bat well to get there, Holland have a tobacconist, 2 students and other amateurs as well, shocking bowling and fielding, absolutely shocking.

On these pitches and the way the game is played now, I don't reckon any score below 300 is going to give you much chance in most games. We rally should be looking to cruise this, however crap we were to let them get that total.

I agree we should still chase down the total on a dead flat pitch, but it was still a woeful performance from the likes of Anderson with the ball, you can't be bowling 8 ball overs.

Looked like one or two issues to sort out there.

In the batting line up I don't like Pietersen opening. If we want someone to whack it around in a blaze of glory then knock Swann up to opener from number 10. Get Beebop out of the side and stick in Yardy. The pitches are going to be dead for ages, so the batting being 9 deep (and that's being harsh on Yardy) instead of 10 isn't really going to be much of a problem. When they do liven up, it'll be for spin, in which case we'll be picking him anyway.

I suspect they'll get a rollockin' for that fielding, but Pietersen has never been a top notch fielder, so it's not much new with him. There were one or two other shockers in there though.

The biggest problem though is that we are clearly knackered after months playing touring cricket. For this we have no cure, and I reckon we could struggle to make the QF on this one. I certainly don't see us winning any prizes at the end of the day (especially with no Morgan).

India v England on SS2.

Really well balanced game with 21 overs left to play.

Strauss showing what a good player he is.

Looks like we've snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Swann's just walloped a 6, 23 needed off 10 balls.

16 needed off the last over.

Swann has strike, England having hit 2 sixes in the 49th over.

8 wickets down.

2 needed off last ball!

What a game!!

TIE!

Fascinating discussion on this thread.

I would have contributed, but I was far too busy watching the cricket, rugby and football. Absolutely smashing game of cricket. Its a pity it wasn't in the knockout stages as we'd have won- incidentally, major schoolboy error running one short on a run out which has in the end cost them victory. Although, once our batters were safe for one on the final ball they should never have held their ground- keep running until you are out. Dhoni could have dropped it.