Orientalmentalism 12 March 2011

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone fancy going next week? I reckon the dam is about to burst. It's only a matter of time before we go goal crazy.

Might try a couple of beers before the game as well if anyone's interested.

Not sure if I can make it. Might be washing my hair or watching Glee omnibus...

There was a rumour going round yesterday that the Leyton part of the central line is closed on Saturday. Can't find anything on the tfl website, though.

If this is the case, a train to Leyton Midland Road from central London might be the better option.

I'm getting a bus.

I'll probably do the same dependent upon any pre-match plans to have a pint of three near Euston. It'd be rude not to.

There is no Central Line between Liverpool Road and Leytonstone. Train over that way will have to be the only way there for those heading from central London. There are rail replacement buses operating...

Aww, I like the Tube journey the best :(

This does throw a mild spanner in the works re: getting back into town later on... (I'm exaggerating, obviously, but you never know after a 'few' beers.)

There is no Central Line between Liverpool Road and Leytonstone. Train over that way will have to be the only way there for those heading from central London. There are rail replacement buses operating...

I'm doing Euston to Blackhorse Rd. on the Victoria line and on to Leyton Midland on the Overground.....'bout 35 mins. And then just over half a mile walk.

Thanks for both comments - I've added them to the Directions thread.

Sure yeah right.

Surveillance: someone spotted in a fancy car driving down Dalston Lane yesterday, Glee soundtrack blaring out, singing along, windows down...

I don't own a car and was up North this weekend ;-)

Where shall we go pre-match? Given travel chaos (well... no tube) shall we meet in Leyton or are we will braving Euston / central? There's buses galore out that way.

I'm doing Euston to Blackhorse Rd. on the Victoria line and on to Leyton Midland on the Overground.....'bout 35 mins. And then just over half a mile walk.

This looks like the best route. Meet at Euston around 12 for a cheeky couple or (selfishly) Highbury & Islington (The Famous Cock just outside the station) before heading over...

Edited by latic12345

I don't own a car and was up North this weekend ;-)

Where shall we go pre-match? Given travel chaos (well... no tube) shall we meet in Leyton or are we will braving Euston / central? There's buses galore out that way.

I can eliminate you from the witchunt then.

It's nearly always congested in that area on a Saturday, including between Blackhorse Road and Leyton. Any route involving a bus will take twice as long as TfL says it will take.

We (me, Ragg and Slash) will be coming from The Oval area - someone come up with a plan for me and I will follow it. I don't trust Paul - he's too new to the ways of the South. :lol:

Get on the Victoria line at Stockwell / Vauxhall and get off at Euston or Highbury and Islington (depending on where we agree). Get there for around 1130-12. Drink beer. Get back on the tube and follow everyone...

If you're nearer Oval tube, get on there and take the Northern Line to Euston. I reckon we'll prob end up meeting there anyway...

Not sure if I can make it. Might be washing my hair or watching Glee omnibus...

HellCats is the new Glee ........... nearly finished the series!!! Top Cheerleading :)

Oh and drinkies at mine is off, going to a gig instead!!!

There is no Central Line between Liverpool Road and Leytonstone.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr