Orientalmentalism 12 March 2011

Zone's 1-3 will cover you. The Mornington Crescent end of Camden is fairly studenty and well priced. The Camden Town end is pricey these days and quite exclusive given the locals snobbery...

As Zorro suggests, he reckons he's going to make it to The Roxy* (just off Oxford Street). On a Saturday, it's kinda like a London version of 5th Ave without the cheap offers (although not as expensive as most London clubs). It's also full of students if you're into that kind of thing

* We haven't been to The Roxy in over a year so it could now be rubbish

Cheers again. Hmmmm seems we have a couple of options open to us again, is Oxford Street nearer to Leicester Square than what Camden is? just thinking if it involves a lot less messing around going from LS to OS than LS to Camden might be worth going where you guys are planing on going. We all definitely like a 5th Ave style night so this The Roxy could have potential, are there bars/pubs nearby that are relatively well priced so that we could go into them before hitting this The Roxy?

I'm not too fussed where we go as by that point we will most likely be well on our way :lol:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate I'm well up for it. Last time there were four problems:

1. Andy's juice was more potent than normal

2. It was August and the first London game of the season. No excuse as made it to Roxy after Orient last season but the drinking pace was a bit mental and, after Al disappeared, we were a team of lightweights.

3. Ryan wasn't there to bring the best out of us...

4. I really wasnt up for it and, as a mong, wore my Oldham top.

We'll make it to Roxy. It opens at 10. We just might not stay very long. It is also TRADITION (I've been told you can only use block caps for that word) to have a double cheeseburger as you enter Roxy

I don't remember a great deal after a couple of hearty swigs of that :censored: in the pub we went in first to be honest. Memory comes back to me around the game and goes again until yakking in the loo back at the same pub god knows how long later!

You do make a good point though - anyone who turns up in a Latics top will have it and the rest of their upper-body-wear confiscated for the duration of the afternoon.

And yes. Roxy sounds like my kind of party (aside from the cheese, I don't eat cheese).

Cheers again. Hmmmm seems we have a couple of options open to us again, is Oxford Street nearer to Leicester Square than what Camden is? just thinking if it involves a lot less messing around going from LS to OS than LS to Camden might be worth going where you guys are planing on going. We all definitely like a 5th Ave style night so this The Roxy could have potential, are there bars/pubs nearby that are relatively well priced so that we could go into them before hitting this The Roxy?

I'm not too fussed where we go as by that point we will most likely be well on our way :lol:

Going out on Oxford Street when you're staying in Leicester Square is like having a hotel on Union Street and going out on Yorkshire Street. Going up to Camden (whilst straight forward) is like staying in Oldham and going out in Ashton...

I don't remember a great deal after a couple of hearty swigs of that :censored: in the pub we went in first to be honest. Memory comes back to me around the game and goes again until yakking in the loo back at the same pub god knows how long later!

You do make a good point though - anyone who turns up in a Latics top will have it and the rest of their upper-body-wear confiscated for the duration of the afternoon.

And yes. Roxy sounds like my kind of party (aside from the cheese, I don't eat cheese).

The world isn't ready for that...

Never will be.

You know Alan's going to "accidentally" turn up in a Latics top now though, don't you!

Well, he's off home on the last train so it wouldn't surprise me. Not so sure he will though - he'll want to get into the Bavarian bar...

Last time i was in camden a 22 year old extremely attractive bi-sexual girl in the group i was with repeatedly got her norks out and at one point was joined in nork on nork jiggling action by her friend. This isnt really relevant but i never tire of reminding myself about it.

Last time i was in camden a 22 year old extremely attractive bi-sexual girl in the group i was with repeatedly got her norks out and at one point was joined in nork on nork jiggling action by her friend. This isnt really relevant but i never tire of reminding myself about it.

Well Camden it is then! :lol:

Photos or it didn't happen.

We (me, Ragg and Slash) will be coming from The Oval area - someone come up with a plan for me and I will follow it. I don't trust Paul - he's too new to the ways of the South. :lol:

So after this comment who will be putting Ackey up for the night?