Is there a plan?

opinions4u

The football club clearly has financial difficulties.

Players not being paid for a second month suggests that there will be problems paying the taxman at some point within the next 12 months. That could trigger another winding up order.

Now Corney may be able to pull a rabbit out of the hat with new investors, a couple of million pound player sales or a sudden increase in demand for sticker books produced by Visually. Good luck to him achieving this.

But there is certainly a case for planning should the worst happen.

I don't know what the Trust can do. I don't know what the Trust should do. So I ask the question.

Is there a plan?

Edited by opinions4u

The Trust 2004 (just after buying three per cent of the club for the startlingly high price of £200,000*)

""Most benefactors usually want out in the end," he said. "We very much hope it will end well, but there is always an end. This time we have an excellent dialogue, and can advise the new owners. We'll also know what is going on. If the club is ever in trouble again, we can be more prepared to get involved to make sure it survives."

* - figures as per The Independent newspaper. As is the 'startlingly high price' bit.