'Stephens wants to stay a Saint'

There seems to be a difference of opinion going on here. Our OS stated Stephens told Dickov he wanted to stay on hearing the interest however, after a second approach decided to go. The Saints interview on their player, Stephens clearly states once the interest was known he legged it there.

Large club, doesnt gaurantee 1st team football every week. Ask Neil Trotman

spot on,stephens was bigged up here because he was top goal scorer but to be fair he didn,t have much competition,he has been treated as a big fish here and now will be a little fish in a big pond and is going to have to step it up,he dosn,t have many games to the end of the season to prove himself,he has had some absolute stinkers here this season he now needs to find some consistency and go on a good run.

“I’d like to think so, but as far as I know it’s just a loan at the moment[/b], so hopefully I’ll play games here and impress the gaffer,"

Surely he knows on what basis he's gone there? I only saw him play twice. The first time at Brentford he was excellent and looked like the cultured midfielder we'd been missing since Wellens left. Against Orient he was shocking but it looked like a lack of confidence rather than talent and you could have said that about most of the team that day.