'break even' financial model at clubs.

Won't make much difference if any.

True. The better supported clubs will still be able to get the better players. A better solution would be a cap on wages. The smaller clubs will still struggle, but at least the gap won't get wider and it will assist the clubs in the middle range.

True. The better supported clubs will still be able to get the better players. A better solution would be a cap on wages. The smaller clubs will still struggle, but at least the gap won't get wider and it will assist the clubs in the middle range.

I would imagine that if you were to cap the players wages at a set level say £3000 a week for this level I would imagine that the PFA will challenge it in the courts for 1 and probably win. Secondly even if something like that was to be remotely effective you would need to think about Bonus levels too because then teams will just get round it by charging a flat fee to all their players then add on high bonus's for things like appearences goals assists even training bonus's. Personally I'm nnot convinced a wage cap is the answer to footballs problems at this level.