Lancy, Lancy, Lancy, Lancashire

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Closing in on another win.

Can this good run be sustained or will the rain kill off our Championship hopes again?

We are in there with every chance, very close to a good win today and we play Durham at Liverpool next, if we win that we will be in a really strong position, it will certainly be ours to lose.

We are in there with every chance, very close to a good win today and we play Durham at Liverpool next, if we win that we will be in a really strong position, it will certainly be ours to lose.

That's a big if, I reckon. Durham seem to be our bogey team. Mind you, no time like the present to break the cycle.

Edited by mikejh45

Just been on my annual afternoon's cricket trip to Trent Bridge to watch Notts beat Lancy. Been four years on the trot, won two lost two.

The good news for the Notts County trip is that the £1,000,000 Wetherspoon refurbishment of the World Renowned Trent Bridge Inn has been completed successfully.

• 1 month later...

I've got the tickets for the kids cricket at Birmingham and Somerset already booked off. If we look like winning earlier it would be a harsh reality of life to have to cut Christmas slaughterings short of a couple of weeks this year.

I still think it'll rain.

NB. It was horrible against Surrey. The Surrey v Lancs (unlikely to win) against Walsall v Latics. After watching for three days I made the dart to latics in the end. I didn't know what to feel when Cork went bezzer. It was like driving back from the Grimsby game when 5-0 up, having not got in. Except that it was my own fault.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

We've certainly put ourselves in with an excellent chance, I still dare not dream.

Durham beaten by Notts.

Looks like Warwickshire, Somerset and ourselves to battle it out.

I'd not want to go to Somerset on the last day wanting much.

NB. I count the Yorkies as a no lose. They play Warwicks twice in a row. Either they be in stupid amounts of :censored: or Warwickshire will be a fair distance behind. Hopefully both.

Wickets fell.

Runs required went up to 7 off the last ball.

Full toss smacked for 6.

Goes to 1 over eliminator.

Lancs: 6 2 1 4 0 0 ...13 for 0. Leics need 14 to win!

Leics: 4 4 1 1 6 .....14 for 0. Leics win.

Gutted.

Edited by opinions4u

Been watching the results for a while now and generally our batting has been poor in all competitions. Just need them Yorkshire gits to help us out now!!!

Yeah, we are very much a bowling side, you just need to look at the championship table and compare our bowling to batting bonus points.

Even in the 20/20 competition we have defended some very low scores including a 110 with some excellent bowling.

I really do hate to say I told you.

They really do try and find a new way to balls it up every year - a super over and a smashing from bloody Worcs just another variation on a theme. Fingers crossed anyway, you never know...will be delighted to be proven wrong but it's always so frigging predictable!

Hopefully the Yorkie gits will help us out with at least a draw but it's a tough call to see who will come out top at the end of the season!!!

Final 2 games:

Lancashire

Home to Hampshire

Away to Somerset

Warwickshire

Home to Notts

Away to Hampshire

If only we had ONE consistent top order batsman!!!

Edited by mikejh45