Lancy, Lancy, Lancy, Lancashire

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could Somerset declare and make a game of it? They'd have a good shot at wickets knowing we'd be chasing hard...

Somerset to declare at 300 or there abouts leaving us 200 to chase in about 30 overs would do me now. Only problem is if Somerset declare soon you can see Hampshire doing likewise later leaving Warks chasing 150 in about 17 overs.

Somerset to declare at 300 or there abouts leaving us 200 to chase in about 30 overs would do me now. Only problem is if Somerset declare soon you can see Hampshire doing likewise later leaving Warks chasing 150 in about 17 overs.

Can't see Hants declaring, they wouldn't take 10 wickets in that time.

Game not on TV (red button or other-wise) at the moment - wonder if Sky will switch games IF it gets to the point that our result is the critical one (at present its still possible for War to win)?

I have Radio 5Live Xtra on and the TV on whilst I "work from home" today...

Scenario:

Lancs are 9 down with 1 to win. Warks have drawn and it's the last ball of the day? Does the batsmen get himself out, thus securing a tie rather than a draw and the title for Lancs?

I believe the rules will award half of the win points to Lancs if scores are level. But my rulebook was back in the 1980s!

I believe the rules will award half of the win points to Lancs if scores are level. But my rulebook was back in the 1980s!

Definitely 8 points for a tie - whether we are all out or not. Cannot imagine it getting to that though. Can still see the other result going against us - only 87 ahead and the 5 wickets going down quickly.

Could get to the stage where both teams are in a similar position regards a run chase in terms of number of runs required and overs left i.e. we knock some of the total to make it the same as Hampshire's lead when they are all out. Then its a real game of cat and mouse - go for it and risk getting bowled out, or hope that the other team loses and the draw is good enough?