Prediction League 2011/12

Matt

34q0har.jpg

Same rules as last year, however depending on numbers we may have something brand new this coming season!

Can you predict your way to the top of the league?

Can we have pre-season friendly predictions? They won't count for anything but it could indicate form and help people to limber up for when the real action starts.

Plus - where do I collect my prize for last year's runaway victory?

It's easy to make a prediction. Just post in the relevant match prediction thread, which will be posted before each game by OWTB staff. Your prediction should detail your predicted score, first Latics scorer (or no goalscorer as the case may be) and the match attendance, in the following format:

Latics 1-1 Opposition Team - Scorer - Attendance

Scoring: (N.B. A new scoring system is introduced for the 2009/10 season)

Correct result (i.e. W,L or D) +2pts

Correct score +2pts

Correct no. of goals for Latics +1pt

Correct no. of goals for opposition +1pt

First scorer +3pts

Within 100 of attendance +3pts

Exact attendance +10pts

No 'first goalscorer' points will be awarded if there is no goalscorer.

All league games (but not cup games) will count in the Prediction League competition.

Any predictions submitted after the stated kick-off time will not count.

Please note that post edits are recorded and, for obvious reasons, are not permitted after kick-off time of the respective game. Any participant found to edit their prediction post, for whatever reason, after kick-off time, will be disqualified from the competition.

In the event that a member posts more than one prediction for the same fixture, the first submitted prediction only will count.

For the avoidance of doubt, predictors cannot predict Latics to score in their result prediction and 'no scorer' in their scorer prediction for the same fixture. Likewise, predictors cannot predict that Latics will not score and name a first scorer. Each full prediction should be fully-formed and be a possible outcome of the match. Any predictions submitted which are contrary to this rule will be discounted.

I'm not currently in a position to be able to do the results from the season just gone. A lot of information got wiped from my PC and I haven't the time to collate 46 games worth of scores at the moment.

I'll build things up again but it'll take time.

I'm not currently in a position to be able to do the results from the season just gone. A lot of information got wiped from my PC and I haven't the time to collate 46 games worth of scores at the moment.

I'll build things up again but it'll take time.

We all know I won anyway. Everyone conceded that I was the best.

What do I need to do to sign up for this?

There's no signing up. All you need to do is put your prediction of the score, first scorer and attendance in the relevant thread, which usually appears a couple of days before the next game. The scores are collated centrally before they declare me the winner.

There's no signing up. All you need to do is put your prediction of the score, first scorer and attendance in the relevant thread, which usually appears a couple of days before the next game. The scores are collated centrally before they declare me the winner.

Ok thanks.

After which I will demand a recount.