Playershare Question

Once your DD subscription is registered with Mike he will add you to the membership list - I think I told you this the other week when I replied to your email ? Lags is sending the badges out

It should be registered now as I've had monies taken I'd of thought it may of been here prior to the season starting.

Yeah contact Lags or Another_Fan to get yours if you have a DD to playershare

My take on this AND THIS IS ONLY MY VIEW

As I have said before I work(ed) on the gate at BP and decided under the Sean Jarvis period to sponser the Club using the number of admits through my turnsile

Like the OP I was concerned that there may have been in his words "a black hole"

I therefore decided to use this sponsership to purchase pin badgeswhich would be used to both promote and benefit PLAYER SHARE financially

Like him I believe that there does need to be more transparency and I sincerely believe without mentioning names that there are people who are dedicated to helping raise funds to enable PD to improve his squad

I have been allowed to attend meetings and seem to recollect requests for volounteers and imput on this site

Having said that and being honest I was concerned that that things appeared to have gone quiet

e.g

Are we any closer to having 75 members and taking advantage or the kind offer from Mark at the Rifle Range

Edited by another fan

Jan you know very well that Mike does the subscription list for us . With his very busy schedule in the last two weeks with his business he hasn't had a chance . It will be listed before sat and we can release the new details - Lags after paying for the badges himself does not want them just giving out

My take on this AND THIS IS ONLY MY VIEW

As I have said before I work(ed) on the gate at BP and decided under the Sean Jarvis period to sponser the Club using the number of admits through my turnsile

Like the OP I was concerned that there may have been in his words "a black hole"

I therefore decided to use this sponsership to purchase pin badgeswhich would be used to both promote and benefit PLAYER SHARE financially

Like him I believe that there does need to be more transparency and I sincerely believe without mentioning names that there are people who are dedicated to helping raise funds to enable PD to improve his squad

I have been allowed to attend meetings and seem to recollect requests for volounteers and imput on this site

Having said that and being honest I was concerned that that things appeared to have gone quiet

e.g

Are we any closer to having 75 members and taking advantage or the kind offer from Mark at the Rifle Range

Amen to that! Now where's me special badge?

Jan you know very well that Mike does the subscription list for us . With his very busy schedule in the last two weeks with his business he hasn't had a chance . It will be listed before sat and we can release the new details - Lags after paying for the badges himself does not want them just giving out

Rick

With all due respect to your comment it does not answer the question and

If I was new to PLAYER SHARE and funds had been taken out of my account I would expect an IMMEDIATE response and THANK YOU

Edited by another fan

Hope I haven't opened a can of worms here??? :blink:

No can of worms Rick

We can't check the account everyday there just simply isn't time.

I have just spoken to Lags and I will have all cards and gold badges on me from 1 pm at BP.

One thing we ensure with playershare is every £1 raised goes back into the playershare fund - when costs of postage are involved and these costs are being met by volunteers we have to understand things sometimes are slower.

Now the season is upon us things will be done each Home game to allow better transparency

sorry guys I have been AWOL of late

Omar - we are working on better ways to contact members once they join, welcome letter, text, email. Its looking at ways of doing this without ANY admin costs as all your gratefully donated pennies go into the fund for PD and nothing more

I know its not much consolation at the mo but we are all volunteers, who also are trying to manage lives outside of latics and we can take our eye off the ball, like we have done since we had to cancel end of July's meeting and not re-arranged it.

Let me get this lovely Friday night stroll out of the way, recover from a night in intensive care and I'll see what we can to touch base and welcome all new members

Thanks for joining too, you will receive a gold pin badge that is only for contributors and has been arranged for by lags and another fan

I am sure all the OWTB user's who used this forum to inform myself that they were member's of playershare will indeed back up they recieved their badges within two days. Most within one day. The reason being I was off work that week. Or the following week I postedbadges out that night for the following days post.

Rick I am sorry you've had a delay and yes we need to try to speed up things by having a better system. I am working with the system we have so just bear with me. No need to question this scheme it's the most transparent there is.

Now I will post all badges out tomorrow where I have names and addresses. Should yours not arrive by Saturdays post please PM me and it will be hand delivered at the match.

Lags.

First time I've heard disquiet and Jan you questioning me kinda disheartens. I will work tirelessly for this scheme it's wide open transparent. Black hole... not a chance.

Edited by Lags

If I was new to PLAYER SHARE and funds had been taken out of my account I would expect an IMMEDIATE response and THANK YOU

Immediate? You do realise this is being administered by volunteers, don't you?

First time I've heard disquiet and Jan you questioning me kinda disheartens. I will work tirelessly for this scheme it's wide open transparent. Black hole... not a chance.

I recall my OASIS days when I typed, photocopied, folded, stapled, hand addressed enevelopes and licked stamps for the roughly monthly newsletter in pre-Internet days.

I received one letter headed "OFFICAL COMPLAINT" which questioned why the newsletter was "5 days late".

This original poster doesn't sound quite that disgruntled but take it from me that if your head is over the parapet it will only be a matter of time before someone takes disgruntlement to a surprising level.

I recall my OASIS days when I typed, photocopied, folded, stapled, hand addressed enevelopes and licked stamps for the roughly monthly newsletter in pre-Internet days.

I received one letter headed "OFFICAL COMPLAINT" which questioned why the newsletter was "5 days late".

This original poster doesn't sound quite that disgruntled but take it from me that if your head is over the parapet it will only be a matter of time before someone takes disgruntlement to a surprising level.

You have to name names Dave!

That is unbelievable!

Actually maybe it isn't.