Kuqi signs!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy with this signing, even if from a purley expirence point of view. No doubt someone with his career he can help Smith and Reid, both have a similar build to Kuqi so he will be more of a help to them then Dickov. If he is half as good as he was at his peak he will be a good signing for us and I have a feeling that he will be huge for us, it does remind abit of Windass signing. I remember being buzzing aboout Windass after he played his first game and was a touch above what we had, the problem was he is a dick. If he had kept his mouth shut we might remember him differently, it is nothing like the Rickettts signing who I was dissappointed with from the start.

I'm happy with this signing, even if from a purley expirence point of view. No doubt someone with his career he can help Smith and Reid, both have a similar build to Kuqi so he will be more of a help to them then Dickov. If he is half as good as he was at his peak he will be a good signing for us and I have a feeling that he will be huge for us, it does remind abit of Windass signing. I remember being buzzing aboout Windass after he played his first game and was a touch above what we had, the problem was he is a dick. If he had kept his mouth shut we might remember him differently, it is nothing like the Rickettts signing who I was dissappointed with from the start.

Windass was indeed a dick. Kuqi, on the other hand, is very highly spoken of. His attitude is apparently impeccable.

PD's Thursday interview is up on Latics Player

He says he's been his number one target since coming to the club, tried for him in January but he went to Newcastle but Kuqi promised him if he had to drop down to League One he'd only come to us and he's been true to his word despite better offers moneywise & location wise.

Sounds like he'll be straight in for Saturday from the comments about him being fit as a fiddle.

:grin: :grin: :grin:

for those of you somehow contriving to make this signing something negative...........

.....were we in a better position this time yesterday without Shefki Kuqi or are we in a better position today with him?

That can only be answered when he plays, what do you think answer would have been if the same question was asked when Windass signed?