Playershare from a fans point of view

lancy lad

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ackey, can give you the original photoshop file if you want it (was me who did the original)

Thanks mate.

The Playershare logo's a good size on the website - certainly good enough for a banner.

If Ric wants me to do a bigger one for print I'd need it - but that said if you have it it's only a case of sticking the text on the side... I've not exactly reinvented the wheel! :lol:

Thanks mate.

The Playershare logo's a good size on the website - certainly good enough for a banner.

If Ric wants me to do a bigger one for print I'd need it - but that said if you have it it's only a case of sticking the text on the side... I've not exactly reinvented the wheel! :lol:

Just let me know if you need it, also have the PNG/high quality JPEG files for anyone who thinks they could do a bit of creative work with it, even if it isn't reinventing the wheel.

Just let me know if you need it, also have the PNG/high quality JPEG files for anyone who thinks they could do a bit of creative work with it, even if it isn't reinventing the wheel.

Happy to help here. PM me if you want me to have a stab at it.

As a way of getting more money how about we ask the club very nicely if Paul Dickov or a current player will decicate just 1 hour of his time to a local football club to coach a football session for young kids

At Arsenal they did this with Clichy who did a lot of community work and Almunia about 2 seasons ago, they raised thousands, i appreciate tis is on a bigger scale but local clubs bidded a lot even just 20pounds or so, this went to charity where as ours will go to playershare

At the end of the session each child and adult present there was offered the chance to pay 1pounds to take a penalty v Almunia

Way i see it is us fans are helping the club surely they will help us

Maybe one the team who run the scheme could ask the club would sound better from them than me

Quite important this guys but after Razza said his standing order has stopped and I checked mine and it stopped in July for some reason so anyone thinking they contribute just give it a check.

I have set it up again and it will start on 1/10/11 but I have upped it by £2 a month.

Thanks to all new contributors!

Keep this near the top guys, its working!

Cheers Dannyboy, your badge is already in the envelope and will be in the box tomorrow. Thanks for getting onboard. Who's next? this is the fans real genuine chance to directly help get players out on the pitch. Every last penny will go towards this end and no where else. Now that's transparent!!

Edited by Lags

Thanks to everyone for the contributions and giving this the kick up the arse too..

Guys, I will be in sunnie climes fo the next few weeks but I can certainly man the club shop/RRE for as many home games as I can.

May look into getting some t-shirts printed so we can be "seen" in/around the ground and people can then approach us ad-hoc.

Our money is needed more than ever and what an embassador our new striker is too...he may almost wipe out our monthly contributions but boy he's worth the dosh.

I stand corrected. I meant to say "pathetic".

No way. Crowds are pathetic. Even if this had one person it should be immune from all criticism, I'll wager most the contributors attend games as it is, so there chucking good money after bad (for want of a better term :unsure: ). Get off your high horse. If your so bothered, stop wasting money on away travel and pay £100 per home game.

Jheez, some people.

No way. Crowds are pathetic. Even if this had one person it should be immune from all criticism, I'll wager most the contributors attend games as it is, so there chucking good money after bad (for want of a better term :unsure: ). Get off your high horse. If your so bothered, stop wasting money on away travel and pay £100 per home game.

Jheez, some people.

No high horse involved. I could have made no comment and joined in with the efforts of the gentle persuaders, in trying to recruit more contributors, but I felt I had to express my amazement at the lack of interest in PlayerShare.

I know everyone's personal finances are different, but to have only as many contributors as Heinz have varieties, even after:

PD promoted the scheme;

some contributors gave large amounts;

a race night was organised;

and other contributors walked from Sheffield to BP;

is nothing short of pathetic, particularly as a percentage of the pathetic crowds at BP.

I would agree with you that most contributors probably attend games. They probably also put money into the Club in many other ways. But I don't see it as "chucking good money after bad" - I prefer to call it doing what they can afford in the interest of keeping the Club alive, in the absence of so many people who no longer contribute to the Club.

I don't consider any money spent on watching Latics, home or away, is wasted, and I applaud the past, present and future PlayerShare contributors for doing their bit - they know it makes sense.

No high horse involved. I could have made no comment and joined in with the efforts of the gentle persuaders, in trying to recruit more contributors, but I felt I had to express my amazement at the lack of interest in PlayerShare.

I know everyone's personal finances are different, but to have only as many contributors as Heinz have varieties, even after:

PD promoted the scheme;

some contributors gave large amounts;

a race night was organised;

and other contributors walked from Sheffield to BP;

is nothing short of pathetic, particularly as a percentage of the pathetic crowds at BP.

I would agree with you that most contributors probably attend games. They probably also put money into the Club in many other ways. But I don't see it as "chucking good money after bad" - I prefer to call it doing what they can afford in the interest of keeping the Club alive, in the absence of so many people who no longer contribute to the Club.

I don't consider any money spent on watching Latics, home or away, is wasted, and I applaud the past, present and future PlayerShare contributors for doing their bit - they know it makes sense.

*I'm a massive fan of browbeating Diego, but this time I think gentle persuasion is the way forward. The PlayerShare scheme appeals to exiles like me because I only get to go to southern games - and not all of those - and the occasional game at BP, so the amount I put into the club is limited. I love to listen to the matches on LP on Saturdays and go in the chatroom, and contributing to Playershare somehow gives me more of a sense of enjoyment and connection with the club.

Punters like yourselves who go week in, week out give plenty more than I do to the club, and all power to your elbow. I can see why it's more difficult for some regulars, ST holders and all-weather, all-distance followers to find that extra fiver - it's not that they don't have it; it's that they reckon they put in enough already, which they do.

*This post contains a subliminal message of love to pursuade Monty Burns to give generously.

*I'm a massive fan of browbeating Diego, but this time I think gentle persuasion is the way forward. The PlayerShare scheme appeals to exiles like me because I only get to go to southern games - and not all of those - and the occasional game at BP, so the amount I put into the club is limited. I love to listen to the matches on LP on Saturdays and go in the chatroom, and contributing to Playershare somehow gives me more of a sense of enjoyment and connection with the club.

Punters like yourselves who go week in, week out give plenty more than I do to the club, and all power to your elbow. I can see why it's more difficult for some regulars, ST holders and all-weather, all-distance followers to find that extra fiver - it's not that they don't have it; it's that they reckon they put in enough already, which they do.

*This post contains a subliminal message of love to pursuade Monty Burns to give generously.

But only 57 :pow: