NHL 2011/12

Well yesterday was the start of hockey season for me, the stars had their first practice of training camp and i went to my first game of the season, a 4-4 draw between the Sheffield Steeldogs and the Manchester Phoenix. and of course latics won. A good day all round. Just hope that when game centre comes online on tuesday they will have the stars pre season games. Anyone heard anything about the TV rights?

Was that the rosebowl type thing for Phoenix or is the season underway?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that the rosebowl type thing for Phoenix or is the season underway?

Yeh it was the two legged 'War of the Roses' cup, we won the second leg 4-1. We got physically bullied throughout the two games as well by a faster, tougher but ultimately less skilled Sheffield side led by Andre Payette who is playing the role of pantomime villain again this season by the look of things. The season starts next weekend, Bison at home on sunday

Yeh it was the two legged 'War of the Roses' cup, we won the second leg 4-1. We got physically bullied throughout the two games as well by a faster, tougher but ultimately less skilled Sheffield side led by Andre Payette who is playing the role of pantomime villain again this season by the look of things. The season starts next weekend, Bison at home on sunday

Payette is a thug... not even a good one! An inept one!

Oi Al you can't receive any more messages via PM.

Delete some and I'll send my email for the invite to the league!

Should be good to go now youngling... just drop me a note.

Raggy! You havent registered either. Get involved.

A typical Ducks start to the pre-season, 7-4 sto the yotes, 6-1 loss to the Sharks. I'm actually hoping we may actually win a few before christmas this year, but looking unlikely at this rate... ah well, only the pre-season...

...still no news on TV schedule. With 2 weeks until the start of the season its starting to look unlikely the rights are getting picked up. GameCenterLive rumoured still to be opening in europe any day... we shall see..

Edited by BigfinLatic

GCL is confirmed for europe, i got in touch with NHL support and they said we're definitely getting it 'by the end of september', bit vague date wise but as pre season games aren't included it doesn't matter. Oh and the price will be 159USD which is around £105, that is every regular season game and the play offs .

For this fantasy draft, are we supposed to have a list set online by the 29th or do we input at the time of the draft?

GCL is confirmed for europe, i got in touch with NHL support and they said we're definitely getting it 'by the end of september', bit vague date wise but as pre season games aren't included it doesn't matter. Oh and the price will be 159USD which is around £105, that is every regular season game and the play offs .

For this fantasy draft, are we supposed to have a list set online by the 29th or do we input at the time of the draft?

Pre-set before the day.

I'm retaining last years policy of not changing it. It worked so well! :lol:

And for £105 even I might have a look at that...

lol i know, people think we're dross and have no good players. It's Benn i wan't, i'm expecting him to have a brake out year so this way if he doesn't i'l be doubly disappointed

Absolutely no comment on this, none at all.... hey, at least you had Mike Modano back for a day!

To move players around you just drag the player up. Hold the cursor over the players name and hold, and move them about!!

6 days until draft. Acks and Ragg are already crapping themselves over who's going to get Marty.

Absolutely no comment on this, none at all.... hey, at least you had Mike Modano back for a day!

To move players around you just drag the player up. Hold the cursor over the players name and hold, and move them about!!

6 days until draft. Acks and Ragg are already crapping themselves over who's going to get Marty.

I'm crapping myself too. Really hoping it's not me.

Ha yeh but we don't need to depend on our ageing superstars anymore which is a plus *cough* selanne *cough*. We had 3 70+ point scorers last season, only one left. And even though Richards left we'v used his money and the money we were forced to spend because of the wage floor rising to create some real depth for the first time in 3 years. I'm happy with our team. The only thing i'm annoyed at is that we have some good nhl ready prospects that there isn't a spot on the roster for.

Edited by BJBlue

Signed up now, it's similar to ESPN player but there are some differences (ability to watch multiple games at one time, chat, last seasons games archived), my internest speed isn't great but it's running very smoothly with the adaptive bitrate dealing with any lull in speed

Crosby

Malkin

Ovechkin

Title retained.

Errr... keepers score twice as many points, and I have Lundqvist, Thomas, Rinne and Hiller... BOOM!

I also have 10 defensemen, and it seems no-one moved any D up, so I have 8 of the top 10 in the game... guess i'll be on the offense from the back!!! (trade ofFers are welcome btw!)

Gonna wait until i'm back from Finland and see if there is a TV deal, if not, i'll be all over GCL!! BJ - sat half way up the block directly behind the goal in Finland if you wanna try and spot me :wink: