iPhone 5

Stevie_J

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think all networks will launch simultaneously, pukka. Pretty sure they did for the iPhone 4.

So far O2 have had first dibs on all iPhone releases - I think?

Although October 21st is exceptionally exciting as it's just after my Birthday and my i4 is all but dead now.

Think I've decided to convert from android to iPhone when iPhone 5 comes out, just for itunes really.

Will it be possible to import the contacts on my android HTC to an iPhone? I have them as Google contacts thru my googlemail account.

There is so much wrong with this!

Yes I'm a paid up linux/android fanboi so take what I say with a pinch of salt but itunes is awful, awful software for managing music.

I'll now duck out of this thread as clearly the title iphone 5 means it isn't a thread for me.

Bored of my iPhone... Don't like Andriod... Windows 7 is a good try by Microsoft but isn't quite there...

Think after a couple years of advancements and new things coming at us the market is settling down now and I am a bit reluctant to pay out another £500 or so on the iPhone for a bit better camera, bit faster CPU etc... Presuming the update is going to be as minor as some rumour.

Will probably stick with my 3GS and see what Nokia / Samsung / Microsoft come up with in regards to Windows 8...

Windows 8 is looking pretty interesting and with the Nokia & Samsung link up, Microsoft might be on to a winner...

Edited by oafc0000

Zeroes, you wouldn't believe the difference between the 4 and the 3GS. It's so much faster. I've never had one single problem with my 4 since I got it (on release day - yes I'm a nerd). So much so that I'm not at all bothered that I have another 10 months or whatever it is till my contract ends. The camera is good enough, don't need it to be better. 32gb is enough for anybody. Internet is fast. Only problem I have us Vodafone and that's not the phones fault. Go for it man. Just go for it......

Zeroes, you wouldn't believe the difference between the 4 and the 3GS. It's so much faster. I've never had one single problem with my 4 since I got it (on release day - yes I'm a nerd). So much so that I'm not at all bothered that I have another 10 months or whatever it is till my contract ends. The camera is good enough, don't need it to be better. 32gb is enough for anybody. Internet is fast. Only problem I have us Vodafone and that's not the phones fault. Go for it man. Just go for it......

Wife has the iPhone 4 (she upgrade from a crappy old Nokia so was worth it to her)... Biggest noticeable difference is the camera... oh yeah, and if you hold it wrong and don't have a case you lose signal completely.... The speed improvements aren't reason to upgrade. The 3GS serves my email fast enough, and gives me access to Facebook etc fast enough.

The "problem" with Vodafone might be the same "problem" my wife gets with O2... and me and my friend get with Orange.... Consistent factor, the iPhone... Its totally useless for making phone calls something I do hope they fix with the iPhone 5 otherwise there is no chance of me upgrading.

I like the look and feel of the iPhone 4 but it takes a brave man not to put it into a case considering how easy it is to damage as well with all that nice glass around it :) and once it goes into a case, any nice looks are then only as good as the £20 case you just stuck it in... :)

I don't see how the iPhone 4 is worth of an additional £500 (?) investment if you have the 3GS.

Edited by oafc0000

I've never had the signal problem either. I'm not suggesting it's a big anti-publicity scam by nokia but I just can't get it to happen! I see what u mean about £500. When u weigh up what ur paying over the timespan of a contract it does appear high.

I've had a case since day one. U can get sone really nice ones off eBay for less than a fiver with free delivery so I change mine from time to time.

What does annoy me is the auto correct when typing. It works so seamlessly u dont actually notice it's doing it until u read ur posts/texts back. Hence why most of mine are edited! U wouldn't believe the amount of times I've had to backspace and retype in this post alone! Bigger space bar on the keyboard would be handy too.

I've never had the signal problem either. I'm not suggesting it's a big anti-publicity scam by nokia but I just can't get it to happen! I see what u mean about £500. When u weigh up what ur paying over the timespan of a contract it does appear high.

I've had a case since day one. U can get sone really nice ones off eBay for less than a fiver with free delivery so I change mine from time to time.

What does annoy me is the auto correct when typing. It works so seamlessly u dont actually notice it's doing it until u read ur posts/texts back. Hence why most of mine are edited! U wouldn't believe the amount of times I've had to backspace and retype in this post alone! Bigger space bar on the keyboard would be handy too.

Wasn't it only on the earlier batches?

I've had my iPhone 4 for 6 months now. No problems with call quality, it doesn't lose signal no matter how you hold it - I've tried my damnedest 'n' all!

Where did you get £500 from?!

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone

Even if you get it "cheaper" on a contract, one way or another, its costing you a lot of money to own one...

Edited by oafc0000

You have tried doing it without a case on right :P

Agree with you on auto-correct...

I have confirmed and demonstrated the "death grip" successfully on every iPhone 4 I have come across so far. Why do you think Apple gave away free bumpers ? Plenty of youtube videos showing it off as well.

My wife's does it every so often even with the case thing on.

Edited by jimsleftfoot