iPhone 5

Stevie_J

Can't help thinking there's a dark irony in the fact that he really wasn't very old.

Perhaps underlines the fact that wealth can buy you many things but....

How many of us pray to win the lottery, with its 16,000,000 to 1 odds. Yet the chances of that sattelite falling on our heads last week were 6000 to 1.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps underlines the fact that wealth can buy you many things but....

How many of us pray to win the lottery, with its 16,000,000 to 1 odds. Yet the chances of that sattelite falling on our heads last week were 6000 to 1.

Idiot Tax.

Steve Jobs has died... Very sad news for anyone who likes tech... Love or hate him or whatever reasons, you can't argue he changed the world some what... The iPad and the iPhone has changed how we think about everything Tech related.

Big loss to the Tech community...

Agreed, even if you hate apple and apple products, you can't deny that the ipod, iphone and ipad made everyone else up their games drrastically

I put this on Faceache:

‎"No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."

-- Steve Jobs, 1955-2011

Thought I would also share this one from the same speech at Stanford

"I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself, if today was the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today. Whenever the answer has been no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something."

I'm still waiting for the networks to show their hand.

Definitely looking at the 64gb as 32gb has never been enough and I'll have enough room for storage of lesson plans etc… in addition to my various media, and I can send presentations., powerpoints straight to the smartboard…from iwork...

Only o2 stalling :ranting: , Vodafone, Orange, T-Mobile and Three have all shown their hands.

I'm on o2 and as well as not revealing their price plans they're not allowing pre-orders, preferring a scrum at their stores next week. :ranting: Well bollocks to that, I'll be going to Three I reckon…looking at an upfront cost of £159.99-£229, and as it stands my contract doesn't run out until December (I can upgrade from today with o2 but I think their stance has took the piss, so i'll let it lapse and mosey on over to another network)

Edited by oafcprozac

Definitely looking at the 64gb as 32gb has never been enough and I'll have enough room for storage of lesson plans etc… in addition to my various media, and I can send presentations., powerpoints straight to the smartboard…from iwork...

Only o2 stalling :ranting: , Vodafone, Orange, T-Mobile and Three have all shown their hands.

I'm on o2 and as well as not revealing their price plans they're not allowing pre-orders, preferring a scrum at their stores next week. :ranting: Well bollocks to that, I'll be going to Three I reckon…looking at an upfront cost of £159.99-£229, and as it stands my contract doesn't run out until December (I can upgrade from today with o2 but I think their stance has took the piss, so i'll let it lapse and mosey on over to another network)

Surely O2 will show their hand in the next couple of days... and if your contract isn't up until December and you can upgrade now... just give it a little while and you will be ready to go...

Whats the rush anyway ?

I left O2 for Orange a couple of months back and right back... :censored: coverage... No visual voicemail... Point is, the grass isn't always greener on the other side :) If your happy with O2 I would stick :)

Surely O2 will show their hand in the next couple of days... and if your contract isn't up until December and you can upgrade now... just give it a little while and you will be ready to go...

Whats the rush anyway ?

I left O2 for Orange a couple of months back and right back... :censored: coverage... No visual voicemail... Point is, the grass isn't always greener on the other side :) If your happy with O2 I would stick :)

My missus has an iPhone on O2. Their customer service is good but she gets no coverage at work so is desperate to switch. Orange's coverage is great, in my experience, since they added the T-mobile coverage to it. My experience of Orange's customer services has been great too, I have to say.

Three's customer services is all India-based and shockingly bad.

My missus has an iPhone on O2. Their customer service is good but she gets no coverage at work so is desperate to switch. Orange's coverage is great, in my experience, since they added the T-mobile coverage to it. My experience of Orange's customer services has been great too, I have to say.

Three's customer services is all India-based and shockingly bad.

I got no coverage at home with orange despite their coverage map claims :P

Don't get me started on Orange. T'internet is depressingly slow, but apart from that, I can't hardly send text messages from home or work, let alone make phone calls. You'd expect this kind of crap in the countryside, or even in the provinces, but central London? Pathetic!

And here's the other little lie I get sick of with Orange. 4 bars showing on the phone saying, "Go ahead, make your call!" but try it, and you'll soon find those bars disappearing. Call failed. Orange failed. I failed because I went to Orange thinking it would be better than 3. Defo taking flight when it comes to renewing - probably for O2, which I've heard is the best one.

Plus, can anyone help? What is BTOpenzone and The Cloud? I often get connected to their Wi-fi networks, but have no idea whether I'm charged or not. I usually just turn the Wi-fi off because the service is so crap anyway.

I got really slow interest when I was with orange as well. They have seem to have the slowest services. Also, since they joined up with tmobile you can use tmobiles masts but the Internet service you pay forusually won't work when your on a tmobile mast. Plus your phone ends up jumping between tmobile and orange and cocking up your calls. Left as quickly as I could. O2 are miles better in my opinion.

As part of your contract you usally get free btopenzone access. I think there is a fair use policy but I doubt you will hit. Use away, you shouldn't be charged.

Edited by oafc0000

Don't get me started on Orange. T'internet is depressingly slow, but apart from that, I can't hardly send text messages from home or work, let alone make phone calls. You'd expect this kind of crap in the countryside, or even in the provinces, but central London? Pathetic!

And here's the other little lie I get sick of with Orange. 4 bars showing on the phone saying, "Go ahead, make your call!" but try it, and you'll soon find those bars disappearing. Call failed. Orange failed. I failed because I went to Orange thinking it would be better than 3. Defo taking flight when it comes to renewing - probably for O2, which I've heard is the best one.

Plus, can anyone help? What is BTOpenzone and The Cloud? I often get connected to their Wi-fi networks, but have no idea whether I'm charged or not. I usually just turn the Wi-fi off because the service is so crap anyway.

Usually you register with your o2 number and you get free wifi in places like Wetherspoons etc…you're not charged.

Openzone allows you to piggy back onto other people's wifi networks that have opted into OpenZone. The cloud is free wifi in commercial establishments like the afore mentioned group of watering holes. Either way ii is gratis (fair usage policy applies)

Usually you register with your o2 number and you get free wifi in places like Wetherspoons etc…you're not charged.

Openzone allows you to piggy back onto other people's wifi networks that have opted into OpenZone. The cloud is free wifi in commercial establishments like the afore mentioned group of watering holes. Either way ii is gratis (fair usage policy applies)

Cheers for that. My priority is to ditch Orange, which is now definitively the cause of my problems. Read that they're definitely the worst for 3G and phone reception - worse even than 3.