Golden Ticket!

Can't be too far away now.

Just a shame we didn't get more. Wish someone would have put a knife through that drum they had as well :angry:

I agree with the drum. If they didn't have that you wouldn't hear a murmur. Cardiff brought half the amount and made twice the noise. Sheff Wed and Stoke were deafening. All without drums.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the drum. If they didn't have that you wouldn't hear a murmur. Cardiff brought half the amount and made twice the noise. Sheff Wed and Stoke were deafening. All without drums.

Yet we have been to some places and I'm sure they told the lad who takes ours that he can't bring it in. Stop being so nice Latics!

Apparently at 12.00 my mate drove past and there was no-one there apart from 1 lad walking away who said there was 180 left ?

So why did we all get up a stupid o'clock(some more stupider than others),when at dinner time theres no fooker there

S_W... you must have been right behind me then mate... should have said 'ello! I spent up until about 8am on the corner of the RRE - where them runny bricks pop out the floor to stop scumbags getting over the wall... just where they ended at the top of the little hill.

So why did we all get up a stupid o'clock(some more stupider than others),when at dinner time theres no fooker there

You make a stunningly good point! How can that entire queue have been served? I'd have said there was about 600 people in it minimum and when people are buying anything upto 20 tickets each that's crazy!

Chron reporter ' What's your name?'

ROAM: it's errr, Richard Oldham Athletic Metcalfe

Reporter : What is it really?

Priceless

Here's tonight's Chron report:

Superfan Richard heads the queue

PICTURE TOO!

Caption: EARLY START . . . (front, from left) Richard Oldham Athletic Metcalfe and Andrew Swain were first in line

HOPEFUL Latics fans set up camp at Boundary Park in the early hours of this morning in a bid to get a ticket to see their team take on Blackpool in the second leg of their League One play-off clash.

By 7.30 this morning around 700 fans — some kitted out with sleeping bags, camping chairs and giant umbrellas — were snaked around the Sheepfoot Lane stadium, despite Latics 2-1 first leg defeat at home yesterday.

Unsurprisingly, it was superfan Richard Oldham Athletic Metcalfe who was first in the queue at 1am.

And Richard, who changed his middle name from Andrew by deed poll in 2005, reckons his beloved team still have a fighting chance.

“They were really below par in yesterday’s game, but it’s only half time, so it’s all to play for” he said.

His friend, Patrick Carwood, who also joined the queue at 1am, was less optimistic, but said: “I wouldn’t miss this game for the world. Whatever the outcome, I really want to be there.”

Only 1,800 tickets will be available for Latics fans wanting to see the team bid to overturn the deficit in the second leg at Blackpool’s Bloomfield Road ground on Saturday.

If they manage to claim overall victory they will face either Nottingham Forest or Yeovil at the new Wembley Stadium on Sunday, May 27 — with the winner being promoted to the Championship.

Here's tonight's Chron report:

Superfan Richard heads the queue

PICTURE TOO!

Caption: EARLY START . . . (front, from left) Richard Oldham Athletic Metcalfe and Andrew Swain were first in line

HOPEFUL Latics fans set up camp at Boundary Park in the early hours of this morning in a bid to get a ticket to see their team take on Blackpool in the second leg of their League One play-off clash.

By 7.30 this morning around 700 fans — some kitted out with sleeping bags, camping chairs and giant umbrellas — were snaked around the Sheepfoot Lane stadium, despite Latics 2-1 first leg defeat at home yesterday.

Unsurprisingly, it was superfan Richard Oldham Athletic Metcalfe who was first in the queue at 1am.

And Richard, who changed his middle name from Andrew by deed poll in 2005, reckons his beloved team still have a fighting chance.

“They were really below par in yesterday’s game, but it’s only half time, so it’s all to play for” he said.

His friend, Patrick Carwood, who also joined the queue at 1am, was less optimistic, but said: “I wouldn’t miss this game for the world. Whatever the outcome, I really want to be there.”

Only 1,800 tickets will be available for Latics fans wanting to see the team bid to overturn the deficit in the second leg at Blackpool’s Bloomfield Road ground on Saturday.

If they manage to claim overall victory they will face either Nottingham Forest or Yeovil at the new Wembley Stadium on Sunday, May 27 — with the winner being promoted to the Championship.

Heres the front page

untitledkg7.jpg

© Oldham Chronicle.

Guest sheridans_world
S_W... you must have been right behind me then mate... should have said 'ello! I spent up until about 8am on the corner of the RRE - where them runny bricks pop out the floor to stop scumbags getting over the wall... just where they ended at the top of the little hill.

Honestly didnt see you mate, ended up chatting to about 6 people around me. Passed the time fairly quickly. Yes was on the corner of the RRE at around 8ish. Had a quick burst at roughly 7:45 then nothing for a while but was on the corner of the RRE!

You must have been infront of me somewhere.

Get out of the queue and just hollar 'hello' to see who turns around !! :lol:

You make a stunningly good point! How can that entire queue have been served? I'd have said there was about 600 people in it minimum and when people are buying anything upto 20 tickets each that's crazy!

:(

Typical latics I get up early for tickets and I didnt need too

but it was a good laugh :grin:

Guest sheridans_world
:(

Typical latics I get up early for tickets and I didnt need too

but it was a good laugh :grin:

And you got your mug on the front of the paper!

Guest sheridans_world
anyone know if its sold out yet then?

or was all the queuing for nowt!

must be close now. 180 left at noon. Should have gone by now...

Would of done it all again for sure, was a quality laugh especially seeing peoples faces turning up later.

I know bleeding Johnny H!!! Spent 5 hours asleep in the car nr Latics & then strolls up to us with 5 tickets from the back of the Q!!!!!!

Guest sheridans_world
Mr Wilson got one for me this morning but a friend rang me at lunchtime to see if I could get him one.

Turned up at 12.45pm and served at 12.45pm :tongue1::tongue1::dance:

You didnt get the experience though!

Guest sheridans_world

Only Need to decide upon a pub now. Wont have time before the game (insert political sky debate here :angry: ) so will have to meet somewhere afterwards if everyone is up for it

Edited by sheridans_world