Stone Roses

beag_teeets

Announcement at 3pm, most people think it will be a reunion.

I've got mixed feelings, I've really enjoyed Ian's solo stuff and as John Squire said not so long ago - "I have no desire whatsoever to desecrate the grave of seminal Manchester pop group The Stone Roses, 12.3.09."

They were royally stiffed by their contract so I can't begrudge them a payday, especially when you see how much money some useless bands get these days.

Announcement at 3pm, most people think it will be a reunion.

I've got mixed feelings, I've really enjoyed Ian's solo stuff and as John Squire said not so long ago - "I have no desire whatsoever to desecrate the grave of seminal Manchester pop group The Stone Roses, 12.3.09."

They were royally stiffed by their contract so I can't begrudge them a payday, especially when you see how much money some useless bands get these days.

I have seen Ian Brown live but was too young to see The Roses so very excited if this is true and I can manage to get a ticket.

I do think despite what they have all said the renunion is for a pay day and I read in one of the papers Ian Brown is going through a divorce so probably needs the money.

Well it's happened, 2 gigs at Heaton Park on 29th & 30th June. I'm quite pleased I think, got them on now.

Never thought I'd see the day.

And a world tour. It'll be interesting to see if Ian Brown can keep himself from killing Squire during that.

And a world tour. It'll be interesting to see if Ian Brown can keep himself from killing Squire during that.

Never thought I'd see the day.

Squire was only on 6music the other week & wouldn't answer any Stone Roses related questions; just all about his solo stuff (which I use a door wedge; poor!!) or his art.

Tickets will be like gold-dust I'd have thought - I'll be doing my best to get some; as I missed out on Spike & haven't ever seen them live; having to make do with tribute acts like the Complete Stone Roses etc.

<Fair play on the world tour, but Brown will have killed John though before they reach Japan like!!!!>

I so hope it's a reunion. I was one of the lucky ones at Spike Island 21 years ago and I can hardly remember anything of it! Drugs have a lot to answer for......

I was at Spike too, I'll fill in the gaps for you - it was :censored:. If it wasn't for the drugs it would've been a total washout. I remember the DJ's from Konspiracy being on, Stone Roses being toss, and the fireworks going off in random fashion because of the gusting wind. Oh and not being able to find our car afterwards.

Don't waste money on this... It will be garbage... Ian Browns voice sounds like a hoover...

And this matters because?

I've seen him a few times live, he wasn't Catherine Jenkins but I wouldn't pay to see Catherine Jenkins sing.

I'm going to try and get tickets and go for the experience, maaaaannnnnn.

Who gives a flying :censored: that he isn't as good as he is on the record, if his solo gigs are anything to go by you won't hear him singing as he will be drowned out by everyone in the place singing their own heads off.

Loads of my mates are up for this, what could be better on a Saturday evening than being with a load of mates standing about in Heaton Park whilst the Roses do their thing?

I can not wait, I'll be gutted if I miss out on tickets.

And this matters because?

I've seen him a few times live, he wasn't Catherine Jenkins but I wouldn't pay to see Catherine Jenkins sing.

I'm going to try and get tickets and go for the experience, maaaaannnnnn.

Who gives a flying :censored: that he isn't as good as he is on the record, if his solo gigs are anything to go by you won't hear him singing as he will be drowned out by everyone in the place singing their own heads off.

Loads of my mates are up for this, what could be better on a Saturday evening than being with a load of mates standing about in Heaton Park whilst the Roses do their thing?

I can not wait, I'll be gutted if I miss out on tickets.

I've seen him live loads of times and Brown's not a great singer. But he's also nothing like as bad as people make out.

I've seen him live loads of times and Brown's not a great singer. But he's also nothing like as bad as people make out.

Aye, sometimes he is pretty poor though. And I'm trying to defend him! Just thought, you can find really good vocalists on crap like X Factor and other karaoke :censored:e, the charts are full off people who have exceptional voices but they are all singing :censored:e. The Roses, like any good band wrote and performed music that touched you and made you feel stuff, give me that over a warbler anyday.

Aye, sometimes he is pretty poor though. And I'm trying to defend him! Just thought, you can find really good vocalists on crap like X Factor and other karaoke :censored:e, the charts are full off people who have exceptional voices but they are all singing :censored:e. The Roses, like any good band wrote and performed music that touched you and made you feel stuff, give me that over a warbler anyday.

Agreed and Brown was behind almost all of the lyrics on the Stone Roses' first album.

I was at Spike too, I'll fill in the gaps for you - it was :censored:. If it wasn't for the drugs it would've been a total washout. I remember the DJ's from Konspiracy being on, Stone Roses being toss, and the fireworks going off in random fashion because of the gusting wind. Oh and not being able to find our car afterwards.

I recall some black dude on stage trying to get everyone to chant some peace mantra type thing. And there was a triangle involved somehow.... I remember a crew member removing the capo from mani's bass part way through a song, which I thought was cool. I remember the announcements saying The Roses will be on in 5 minutes yet they were about 2 hours!

And apart from that....... Nope. Nothing!

Only heard Ian Brown live once (Mcr Vs Cancer at MEM a few years ago) and I thought he sounded pretty good.

Going to try to get tickets for this, just because I'm a weak-willed person and will be gutted if I miss out on something amazing. However, I'm not expecting a great gig/day - I'm expecting :censored: view and sound system, poor weather, the vilest toilets on Earth, getting lost from mates, queuing, no mobile phone signal, walking for miles for a taxi home, plus having to rough it with loads of 40 plus year old gangs of lads from Mcr, Liverpool, Yorkshire, London off their faces, trying to relive the scene...mixed in with your usual bunch of local scrotes from Great Mcr....

Spike Island was :censored: video : http://is.gd/X12hud (opens up in browser)

Seven ages - Stone Roses #1 - I am the Resurrection in Blackpool, off-key?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/in9o59R-CZA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Crowd at Spike, with the day-long DJ sets Strings of Life and Separate Minds on the bands.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AaBSHMNHUPA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Spike dancing to Kubik (I think) 808State:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/23UrbZd40s4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

...and it was like that all :censored:ing day until Stone Roses came on. By that time you were either that :censored:ing wired or that bored with DJ sets that it didn't matter what the Stone Roses sounded like.

Only heard Ian Brown live once (Mcr Vs Cancer at MEM a few years ago) and I thought he sounded pretty good.

Going to try to get tickets for this, just because I'm a weak-willed person and will be gutted if I miss out on something amazing. However, I'm not expecting a great gig/day - I'm expecting :censored: view and sound system, poor weather, the vilest toilets on Earth, getting lost from mates, queuing, no mobile phone signal, walking for miles for a taxi home, plus having to rough it with loads of 40 plus year old gangs of lads from Mcr, Liverpool, Yorkshire, London off their faces, trying to relive the scene...mixed in with your usual bunch of local scrotes from Great Mcr....

You've pretty much nailed what it will be like there. I still don't want to miss it.

If anyone is going to this gig and going abroad before hand - bring back loads of cigs to sell.

I made a fortune knocking out 20 decks at Oasis - Heaton Park.

They usually have cigarette vending machines with queues at them - just walk up and sell your wares.