Not a single post about the game.............Where is everybody?

Not been on OWTB as much recently, but it seems much quieter in general. There's more posting in the non-Latics sections these days ! :lol:

Edited by Yard Dog

poor first half, really decent effort second half. thought morais was excellent.

His fitness is shocking. He was bent over gasping for air after 50 mins last week and at the same time this week he couldn't play any give and gos with Lee as he was knackered again, just kept hiding inside. He could be decent if he had the fitness to put in more than 50 minutes.

Really?!

I know he gets a lot of stick (on here at least) but can't see what the complaint could be with him today. worked hard going forward & supported his full back defending too. thought he & lee looked a really good combo.

rightly got a great reception as he got subbed too. all in, a good day! :)

His fitness is shocking. He was bent over gasping for air after 50 mins last week and at the same time this week he couldn't play any give and gos with Lee as he was knackered again, just kept hiding inside. He could be decent if he had the fitness to put in more than 50 minutes.

I not saying the lad doesn't have issues. but I saw it different today. he was still tracking back & helping lee right up to the late injury (cramp?)

I know he gets a lot of stick (on here at least) but can't see what the complaint could be with him today. worked hard going forward & supported his full back defending too. thought he & lee looked a really good combo.

rightly got a great reception as he got subbed too. all in, a good day! :)

First half both teams were poor, second half Latics upped their game and gave a decent all round performance. 3 points, job done.

We had 21 shots? Really!

http://news.bbc.co.u..._2/15319349.stm

Yeah. About 15 of those were piss-weak scuffed efforts that you could barely call a shot.

Wycombe were very poor. Latics would have needed shooting had they not despatched them. We should have at least 4 or 5 to our tally today.

Thought Simpson was excellent, great vision for the second goal. Full backs had a great game too, a couple of vital, crunching tackles by Mellor late on in dangerous areas. Kuqi does such an important role, even in games like today where he was a little below par (that miss was shocking). He's a nightmare to defend against, and a while since we had a frontman with such presence, physically as well as 'up there'.

thought PM was poor today. Wrong decisons going forward in the 1st half kept stopping or coming inside when we needed an outlet out wide.

Kuqi and Simpson were good did the ugly stuff well closed down worked hard - probably should have had a goal each.

Weslowski won a lot of tackles though i was frustrated how poor his passing was 1st half

Taylor had a decent game

Edited by bluehobbit

thought PM was poor today. Wrong decisons going forward in the 1st half kept stopping or coming inside when we needed an outlet out wide.

Kuqi and Simpson were good did the ugly stuff well closed down worked hard - probably should have had a goal each.

Weslowski won a lot of tackles though i was frustrated how poor his passing was 1st half

Taylor had a decent game

They were both very unlucky not to get a goal I think. How the hell their keeper saved Kuqi's effort at point blank range I do not know. And it was unfortunate that Wycombe managed to get a guy back on the line when Simpson was clean through.

Simpson was man of the match for me. Another classy performance , this time acting as strike support for Kuqi.

Furman close behind , a terrific first full game back.

A comfortable win against a poor team me thinks , Cisak was a spectator.

Simpson for me too; closely followed by M'Voto who was back to somewhere near his level. Taylor had a solid game too.

They were poor, we were slightly better. 3 points and move on to Tuesday.

special mention for the ref; who was one of the worst I've seen in a while - he couldn't get a thing right all game; abley supported by the fatest linesman I've seen; who equally couldn't get a decision right too. They wouldn't have been out of place on Clayton Fields on a sunday. Shocking that they were overseeing a 3rd division game

He's been hit and miss in terms of appearances this year, so its of no suprise that he cramped a little...not played too many 90 minutes this season and it does take a while to build up...

Good thing his, although he wasn't at his best going forward, he worked harder than i've seen him before off the ball, looked keen - so he should soon be back to fitness with that work ethic