• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a good idea but overpriced….

If they did this for a quid they'd still make £3k

If they did it for two quid a pop £6k

If they did it for for 3 quid a pop £9k

A tenner is too steep imo, might be nowt for some but a tenner is a tenner to many and me personally I'd rather save my tenner for the JPT game with Crewe….

Standard price.

It is a good idea but overpriced….

If they did this for a quid they'd still make £3k

If they did it for two quid a pop £6k

If they did it for for 3 quid a pop £9k

A tenner is too steep imo, might be nowt for some but a tenner is a tenner to many and me personally I'd rather save my tenner for the JPT game with Crewe….

a tenner for a poster is reasonable. it would make a good Christmas present.

......and just noticed PD and players are now on it as well including the flying fin himself!

Is it just me, or am I the only cynic that thinks the players have not paid £10 each for their pic!

Mind you I reckon that would be a great idea for a fine regime.

Every dodgy twitter post means you pay £10 and your team mates decide where to place your pic!

Every dodgy pass too!

• 2 weeks later...

The club are still pushing this but when are they going to rethink it? Unless they come up with something, they will never, ever sell 3,000 tiles.

Once completed the image, made up from 3,000 faces, will be printed and delivered to every participant.

Once completed? Hope no one had planned on using it as a Christmas present!

The club are still pushing this but when are they going to rethink it? Unless they come up with something, they will never, ever sell 3,000 tiles.

Once completed? Hope no one had planned on using it as a Christmas present!

Actually..... :(

I was downboated for saying it was a tall order back on 27 October, great idea - but being executed in the wrong market, or at least at the wrong price. Looking at the poster online now and I can see people either getting half a completed poster sometime in the future or their money back. How does a commercial department rethink a campaign that requires either price changes or winding up?

I'd drop the price down to £4.99 and ride the storm out with those that have already coughed up...

I was downboated for saying it was a tall order back on 27 October, great idea - but being executed in the wrong market, or at least at the wrong price. Looking at the poster online now and I can see people either getting half a completed poster sometime in the future or their money back. How does a commercial department rethink a campaign that requires either price changes or winding up?

I'd drop the price down to £4.99 and ride the storm out with those that have already coughed up...

Best bet would be to offer those who've paid a tenner an extra tile (at least it'd fill a few more).

They have delayed this until the end of the season , just had an email

guessing its to get the places filled up

.---------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ryan,

RE: Official Oldham Athletic Fan Mosaic

Thank you for taking part in the official Oldham Athletic Fan Mosaic.

As you may be aware, the website stated that the poster will be delivered in time for Christmas, however after careful consideration between both fans and the club, we feel that in order achieve the best results and to allow the maximum number of fans the chance to take part, the poster should be kept live until nearer the end of the season.

We appreciate this may seem like a long time; however we promise you that the more fans that take part, the better the finished product!

We hope you understand our reasons for this, but should you wish to contact us or have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kindest regards

They have delayed this until the end of the season , just had an email

guessing its to get the places filled up

.---------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ryan,

RE: Official Oldham Athletic Fan Mosaic

Thank you for taking part in the official Oldham Athletic Fan Mosaic.

As you may be aware, the website stated that the poster will be delivered in time for Christmas, however after careful consideration between both fans and the club, we feel that in order achieve the best results and to allow the maximum number of fans the chance to take part, the poster should be kept live until nearer the end of the season.

We appreciate this may seem like a long time; however we promise you that the more fans that take part, the better the finished product!

We hope you understand our reasons for this, but should you wish to contact us or have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kindest regards

Rather astutely it does not say which season :wink:

By my rough calcualtion about 30 people have actualy stumped up cash, which is shame.

I agree with those that suggested drop the price a bit and hope that we buck the trend of recent years and kick on for a play off place.

I am not knocking us trying something different.

Any ideas how it can be promoted more widely?