Suarez

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under the Football Offences Act he could get a fine of upto £1,000 and a criminal record though, which I guess could affect any work permit issues in the future.

Depending on the evidence used by the FA this could become an issue for the police / CPS to consider going forward... Equally, there might be no evidence and no case as well I suppose...

I think he meant because she was married to a black man.

Where is LeesLover why am I the one making stereotypical penis jokes?

Yeah, were is Leeslover?

It's a bit less interesting on here when he's not posting.

He'd have a had a field day with this Suarez controversy.

banned.gifmoderator.gif

He can see it, but he can't write anything. Something about smut. I'd suggest a Justice for the Croydon One Campaign, but I don't wanna stir up no trouble.

There is a precedent for the 8 game ban. Reading player John Mackie also received an 8 game ban in 2002 for racially abusing Carl Asaba. The ban was reduced after Mackie admitted to the abuse and offered up a public apology. Mackie also donated two weeks' wages to anti-discrimination campaigners ‘Kick it Out’.

Sticks and Stone may break my bones etc etc.

This case saddens me, simply because it reminds me yet again that it is possible for authorities to dish out relatively extraordinary sentences, or for the media to induce incredible outrage merely on the basis that someone has taken "offense"

The racism angle doesn't bother you?

I hold no more disapproval for racial insults than I do any other kind of insult.

This whole thing reminds me of "hate crimes", where crimes are given harsher punishments simply because they are deemed to be racially motivated.

As I see it, if someone assaults me I couldn't give a rat's ass whether it was because they didn't like my race, they don't like bald people or whether they didn't like the way I looked at them. They assaulted me. End of story. Any thing the authorities tag on to an already serious misdemeanor, pretty much amounts to "thought crime".

I think Liverpool FC are in danger of making themselves look like a bunch of idiots over this.

The whole squad warming up wearing Suarez t-shirts over their training kit as we speak.

They always say no player is bigger than the club... Well... Liverpool have gone all in defending this guys... They better hope he finally has his name cleared as those pictures from last night will come back to haunt them for years and years...

Sticks and Stone may break my bones etc etc.

I hold no more disapproval for racial insults than I do any other kind of insult.

This whole thing reminds me of "hate crimes", where crimes are given harsher punishments simply because they are deemed to be racially motivated.

As I see it, if someone assaults me I couldn't give a rat's ass whether it was because they didn't like my race, they don't like bald people or whether they didn't like the way I looked at them. They assaulted me. End of story. Any thing the authorities tag on to an already serious misdemeanor, pretty much amounts to "thought crime".

But then you get to the end conclusion of this with people being denied work because of their colour, certain seats on the bus and their kid has to go to a different "coloured" only school...

To think issue of race are the same as having a bald head is WAY off the mark...

They always say no player is bigger than the club... Well... Liverpool have gone all in defending this guys... They better hope he finally has his name cleared as those pictures from last night will come back to haunt them for years and years...

I think the only conclusion is that all Liverpool players must be racist.

I hear you're a racist now Luis.

Should we all be racist now?

What's the official line Liverpool Football Club's taking?

You see the robbing takes up me time and I like a cup of tea. I might not be able to devote myself fully to the old racism.

Feckin' Greeks...

But then you get to the end conclusion of this with people being denied work because of their colour, certain seats on the bus and their kid has to go to a different "coloured" only school...

To think issue of race are the same as having a bald head is WAY off the mark...

I never said that the issue of race was the same as having a bald head, I said that I couldn't care less what someone's motivation is for committing a specific crime. The crime itself is what should be punished. Punishing someone for their motivation, is thought crime in my book.

In the case of denying work to people, the actual crime is "unfairly denying work to someone". It matters not to me whether it is because they are black, fat or ginger (although I won't elaborate on this topic on whether I think that private employers should be able to hire whoever they wish).

In any case, the only way you truly combat racism, and other prejudicial attitudes is over time via education and familiarization. Ultimately you cannot police thoughts, so I wish people would stop trying to.

Ultimately you cannot police thoughts, so I wish people would stop trying to.

But you can... Its not always about re-educating people, its about smacking around the head with a stick and saying, go on behave like that but don't moan when we separate you from society...

Its fine by me...

But you can... Its not always about re-educating people, its about smacking around the head with a stick and saying, go on behave like that but don't moan when we separate you from society...

Its fine by me...

It isn't by me.

Smack them round the head for the thing they actually did, and not what they thought about while they did it.

Thought Police: Don't be a racist

Racist: no

Thought Police: Don't be racist or we'll lock you up / fine you / ban you

Racist: Ok you've cured me....I'm no longer racist

It isn't by me.

Smack them round the head for the thing they actually did, and not what they thought about while they did it.

see - it does work :wink:

It isn't by me.

Its turning into a punch and judy contents :)

Oh yes it is :D

Oh no it isn't :D

I don't that is really mitigating reason... I think that is just highligiting how much further the game needs to go...

It used to be called the beautiful game... It never really was, was it...

It's not soft considering the fact that they don't normally stand up to any sort of verbal abuse and let players get away with everything. In relation to an office enviroment, if you had told someone to F'Off, you would also be up for disciplinery and perhaps gross misconduct..... and yes indeed it highlights how much further the game needs to go.

A bit like a man being stabbed being put on page 16 and a man being stabbed in a ******RACIST****** attack being headline news.

Though I would say that your definition of 'thought crime' is incorrect, in the Orwellian sense anyway. The point was that the goverment of that time wanted to control not just the actions, but the thoughts of the people. By having 'wrong' thoughts, you could be arrested and punished before any action was to take place. Once a thought and action takes place, the thought becomes merely incidental to the action, though it could provide the reasoning for it.

Is it correct to have a different term for someone who stabbed someone in the heat of the moment, and someone else who went out of their way because of their hatred of other races of people...... yes.

You could have people that might stab others because they are fat or bald, but I think that would be unlikely as most people have someone fat or bald in there family, therefore the connotations would be different.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Is it correct to have a different term for someone who stabbed someone in the heat of the moment, and someone else who went out of their way because of their hatred of other races of people...... yes.

That would technically be the difference between a premeditated crime and a crime of passion. And whilst I agree that there needs to be distinctions in the law, I do not not see what difference there should be within the law between a racially motivated premeditated crime verses a premeditated crime for any other stupid reason. The same would go for the crime of passion, which can also be racially motivated.

You could have people that might stab others because they are fat or bald, but I think that would be unlikely as most people have someone fat or bald in there family, therefore the connotations would be different.

But there are a multitude of crimes, identical in nature to those that can be committed for racial reasons, that would have different motives. That is my only point on this. People hate people for many reasons.