Suarez

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same as the guy before him, except in that instance he quickly returns said hand to prime shaky-shaky position :detectivegm0:

I think that your overbearing racism is causing you to look too far into this. Suarez was a petty knob, simple as that. Hell, I've shaken hands with Rangers fans, women, traffic wardens, a gentleman (frequently) and those with the Mark of Cain. Never in a million years would I refuse to shake in a work context, you just don't do it. Would anyone have taken it as a sign that Suarez thought Evra is a top guy? No, we would have thought that he was getting on with it. We already know that Suarez doesn't like Evra as we know he called him a nigger 10 times after Evra made a comment about his sisters' muff.

Regardless of what we'd like to believe, using the term 'work context' here is utter nonsense. It's not what you or I would consider 'work'. Suarez's future career doesn't rely on him brown-nosing some :censored: from a competitor, pun intended and everyfink.

Suarez and Evra are both bellends of the highest order. It's actually quite entertaining seeing this little feud play out. Sod the holier than thou bollocks, let's sit back and enjoy a bit of petty squabbling between two grown men.

Regardless of what we'd like to believe, using the term 'work context' here is utter nonsense. It's not what you or I would consider 'work'. Suarez's future career doesn't rely on him brown-nosing some :censored: from a competitor, pun intended and everyfink.

Suarez and Evra are both bellends of the highest order. It's actually quite entertaining seeing this little feud play out. Sod the holier than thou bollocks, let's sit back and enjoy a bit of petty squabbling between two grown men.

To be fair it was the first Premiership game I have watched in a long while, and almost entirely in expectation of something to fill the void left by me not watching Britain's Got X-flavoured :censored:e In Yor House Re-decoration. Some of the football was OK as well.

It might do, it might mean certain clubs don't want to buy him because of the image he has now got. Liverpool may struggle to sell shirts to overseas markets if they are percieved to be a racist club.

Aye. His future career does depend on how he is perceived by other clubs and managers. If he wants to earn big bucks he can't sustain a reputation for being a dick who'll get suspended for stupid, unprofessional behaviour or one who'll embarrass club sponsors.

It's not the first controversial incident slimey Evra has been involved in is it?

If Suarez doesn't want to shake hands with someone he doesn't respect - fine.

If he made a racis remark, ban him (oh wait that's happened??)

Ferdinand mirrored Suarez' apparant wrongs - will he be vilified the same way? - I doubt it!!

Get rid of the hand shake nonsense then players can shag each others wifes, mums, sisters and use racist, ageist, fattist, homophobic language with each other and just do like they used to - kick 'em during the game or win the 3 points and gloat endlessly

He's done alright so far. He'll end up engineering himself a move to Real or something like that. He was hardly a saint at Ajax yet Liverpool still shelled out for him. Football doesn't work the same as the 'real world'.

To be honest I don't think it will do him that much harm, as I didn't think he'd become a legend anyway. It's Liverpool who have the risk. Given that their kit manufacturer has ditched them and their principal sponsor has had to step in to get them to sort it out, it may hit them in the pocket in the future if they can't up their game somewhat.

Given that their kit manufacturer has ditched them and their principal sponsor has had to step in to get them to sort it out, it may hit them in the pocket in the future if they can't up their game somewhat.

Can you link me to some info on this? Wouldn't mind getting up to speed. Cheers. :)

To be honest I don't think it will do him that much harm, as I didn't think he'd become a legend anyway. It's Liverpool who have the risk. Given that their kit manufacturer has ditched them and their principal sponsor has had to step in to get them to sort it out, it may hit them in the pocket in the future if they can't up their game somewhat.

Didn't Adidas decline to bid to renew their kit deal with Liverpool before this, stating that it was just because they're a bit crap?

Didn't Adidas decline to bid to renew their kit deal with Liverpool before this, stating that it was just because they're a bit crap?

News broke a week after our game with them. Yes they said it was to do with them being crap - but this does not mean the racist issues didn't play a part, or were the straws that broke the camels back.