Mvoto

Diamond

Taylor

Wes

Furman

Parker

Simmo

Kuqi

Just because I like the pace of the wide players and will give some protection to Blacky and Lee.

Thats the team with curent squad if the loaness dont come back

I'd play Clarke ahead of Diamond if he's back.

Scapuzzi or Parker is a big call if the choice exists. I'd probably go Scapuzzi, but understand why you'd want Parker.

After watching City's second I also considered Smith ahead of Kuqi, for about 10 seconds.

I'd play Clarke ahead of Diamond if he's back.

Scapuzzi or Parker is a big call if the choice exists. I'd probably go Scapuzzi, but understand why you'd want Parker.

After watching City's second I also considered Smith ahead of Kuqi, for about 10 seconds.

I agree with Smith, Kuqi has to lead the line, his hold up play and strengh will be massive to us a breather..

I like Parker, anyone with pace can create problems, Taylor and Parker are both clever enough to hopefully win us some set pieces...

of the loanees we're trying to keep for the season, i think we should prioritise scapuzzi's for friday. he'll get more room against the scousers and more time without getting closed down as much.

think i'd go with diamond ahead of clarke because he's got the experience in big games from playing in scotland.

i'd go for

cisak

lee, mvoto, diamond, black

taylor, wes, furman, scapuzzi

simpson

kuqi

i'd be happy with a goal to be honest, and a good account of the club. looking forward to it

Cisak

Black

Lee

Mvoto

Diamond

Taylor

Wes

Furman

Parker

Simmo

Kuqi

Agree,I think that's the 11 PD will go with for this game with or without the loanees.IMO the only position up for debate right now is on the right wing & I think Parker will get the nod not only for his attacking play but he'll give better cover defensively for Lee than Scapuzzi or Morais.

Just because I like the pace of the wide players and will give some protection to Blacky and Lee.

Thats the team with curent squad if the loaness dont come back

It amazing to me that Black is the only survivor from the team that won at Goodison in 2008. Taylor was out injured IIRC

Still my best week ever as a Latics fan that. Beating Leeds 3-0 at their gaff & then going onto beat Everton at their place - with a team that on paper; I thought would get absolutely murdered.

I still can't quite believe we managed to beat them with a side that included Lomax, Kalalla, Allott et all, and was missing Taylor & Kilkenny & Bertrand after their loans expired. Magic.

I think our side depends on what we can do with the loanees - obviously so - but in particular Luca Scapuzzi, if we extend his deal; he starts for me. If Clarke or Adeyemi are extended; it's not quite so simple / cut & dried with them.

There are some decisions; but I think the side is pretty clear:

Diamond or Clarke? - if Clarke's loan is extended that is - for me it's Diamond & M'Voto partnership either way.

Black or Mellor? - Black at LB for me

Weslowski or Adeyemi? if Tom's loan is extended also - for me, same as Diamond; it's Wes either way - we need the bite, passion, energy & pressing that Wes provides & Tom simple doesn't.

If Scapuzzi isn't available - then Parker or Morais? - Parker all day for me

Kuqi or Smith - as critical as I've been of late re: Shefki, he has to start IMO as his experience of playing at grounds like Anfield will be inavaluable amongst a bunch of 'wide-eyed' teammates.

The team for me, glass half empty & Luca isn't here is:

Cisak

Black

Diamond

M'Voto

Lee

Taylor

Wes

Furman

Parker

Simpson

Kuqi

[if Luca is available; then he starts on the left; Taylor switches to the right - Parker on the bench as an impact sub]

Having just posted on the potential Liverpool side thread that will line up against us; and then just typed that side out - :censored:e; we're going to get twatted aren't we??? *

.* But……………………………………………if Northampton can do it eh?

Still my best week ever as a Latics fan that. Beating Leeds 3-0 at their gaff & then going onto beat Everton at their place - with a team that on paper; I thought would get absolutely murdered.

I still can't quite believe we managed to beat them with a side that included Lomax, Kalalla, Allott et all, and was missing Taylor & Kilkenny & Bertrand after their loans expired. Magic.

I think our side depends on what we can do with the loanees - obviously so - but in particular Luca Scapuzzi, if we extend his deal; he starts for me. If Clarke or Adeyemi are extended; it's not quite so simple / cut & dried with them.

There are some decisions; but I think the side is pretty clear:

Diamond or Clarke? - if Clarke's loan is extended that is - for me it's Diamond & M'Voto partnership either way.

Black or Mellor? - Black at LB for me

Weslowski or Adeyemi? if Tom's loan is extended also - for me, same as Diamond; it's Wes either way - we need the bite, passion, energy & pressing that Wes provides & Tom simple doesn't.

If Scapuzzi isn't available - then Parker or Morais? - Parker all day for me

Kuqi or Smith - as critical as I've been of late re: Shefki, he has to start IMO as his experience of playing at grounds like Anfield will be inavaluable amongst a bunch of 'wide-eyed' teammates.

The team for me, glass half empty & Luca isn't here is:

Cisak

Black

Diamond

M'Voto

Lee

Taylor

Wes

Furman

Parker

Simpson

Kuqi

[if Luca is available; then he starts on the left; Taylor switches to the right - Parker on the bench as an impact sub]

Having just posted on the potential Liverpool side thread that will line up against us; and then just typed that side out - :censored:e; we're going to get twatted aren't we??? *

.* But……………………………………………if Northampton can do it eh?

Wasnt that the team I picked at the start of the thread..:)

I'd be tempted to start Mellor at LB actually; as Kuyt is in with a good chance of starting and Liverpool's favourite out-ball for donkeys years as been down their right for Kuyt to out jump/muscle the oppositions LB. He will find that harder to do if Mellor is playing.

Even if he was available I'd be tempted not to play Scapuzzi as we are going to need some good defense if we are going to get anything out of the game. Scpauzzi is not as good defensively as either Parker or Taylor.

However, I got the impression that Citeh were wanting Scapuzzi to go on loan to a Championship side in the second half of the season and whilst playing at Anfield and potentially Wembley will be a good experience for him, so will playing in the Championship week in week out.

The biggest question for me is Wes going to be fit enough? If he is then he plays whatever, if not and no loanees then Mellor plays in a huge game. Also any chance Reid could be back? Don't remeber a timeline for him, and Diallo for that matter. My team with squad we have right now

Cisak

Lee M'Voto Diamond Black

Parker Wes Furman Taylor

Simpson Kuqi

subs: Bouzanis Tarki Mellor Winchester (fitness?) Morias Smith Brooke/Burns

Going off the liverpool message board, they will field a strong team. Doni, kelly, carragher, coates, robinson, spearing, gerrard, maxi, shelvey, downing and carroll.

Our team all depends if we can get the loans back in on time! If we can then it will be cisak, lee, diamond, mvoto, black, taylor, wes, furman, scapuzzi, simpson and kuqi. Parker to swap with scapuzzi if we cant get him back.

Just been on the Liverpool forum and some of them are saying they might play for a deliberate draw so they could get the Suarez ban down. If thats the case they could be there for the taking

How do you play for a deliberate draw though.

If the ball falls to someone in front of an open net in the last seconds do they put it wide on purpose?