Where to watch the game in Nerja?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose a lucky bar for me!

• Bitter & Twisted
    • The DB's
    • Blue Med
    • Copacabana
    • El Bosque

Right fellow Latics fans. I need your help! The choice of where I watch the game is vital to Oldham's chances of going to Wembley. I am sure that if I watch from a "Lucky" bar then Latics cannot fail in turning over the lashers. However, choosing the wrong one will be fatal. I have identifed a number of locations but don't want to take responsibility for Latics fate. Problem shared a problem halved and all that. So, the runners and riders are:

1) Bitter & Twisted

Everton fans run this bar which has success this season with the FA cup win. B&T also for Blue & Tangerine? Maybe.

2) The DB's

Refers to the Dogs bits. The only bar I can think of with a loose "Yard dog" connection. Geordie owned.

3) Blue Med

Sticking with the "Blue" for Latics. Not a hint of tangerine to be found in the bar.

4) Copacabana

Who believes in omens and the like? This is where I watched us lose the 1st leg. Avoid at all cost?

5) El Bosque

Billed as "The best Sports Bar" in town. Never been. "El Bosque" means "The Forest". Possible connection to who awaits Latics?

Thanks in Advance and "Keep the Faith".

1) Bitter & Twisted

Everton fans run this bar which has success this season with the FA cup win. B&T also for Blue & Tangerine? Maybe.

Everton=Toffees. Toffee=Rock. Rock=Blackpool. Avoid.

2) The DB's

Refers to the Dogs bits. The only bar I can think of with a loose "Yard dog" connection. Geordie owned.

Consolation prize if we lose. Tell the Geordie Bar Owner that the man supporting the team who were founder members of the Premier League should get ten free San Miguels. He'll think he's on a winner but he'll be wrong. Worked with my father-in-law did that one. Although it was Newcy Dynamites as opposed to San Miguels.

3) Blue Med

Sticking with the "Blue" for Latics. Not a hint of tangerine to be found in the bar.

As we will be on the Lancashire Riviera which is very similar to the Med, then this looks good.

4) Copacabana

Who believes in omens and the like? This is where I watched us lose the 1st leg. Avoid at all cost?

Consolation prize if we lose. Look out for Lola. She is a Showgirl. Run a mile though if there is a big nosed guy on the Piano.

5) El Bosque

Billed as "The best Sports Bar" in town. Never been. "El Bosque" means "The Forest". Possible connection to who awaits Latics?

Hmm. I like the Forest angle. Trouble is, they will have already been dumped by Yeovil.

Gotta be the Blue Med for me but the consolation prizes in the DB's and Copacabana are worth a saver. :)

Well, here's my 2 cents worth. Obviously go for the 'Blue Med'. Simple really. Say it with an Oldham accent. Now add it to the following sentence (in reply to your friends asking whether the tangerines or the Blues won). "Aye, not bad like. The Blue Med it" (as in the blue made it). :idea: Now, in response to your question - I think you should Blue Med it (as in go there). Simple really don't ya think!? :mmm:

5) El Bosque

Hmm. I like the Forest angle. Trouble is, they will have already been dumped by Yeovil.

Gotta be the Blue Med for me but the consolation prizes in the DB's and Copacabana are worth a saver. :)

Prediction number 1 comes in!

Prediction number 1 comes in!

Great result. The more I am away from the PC, the more my confidence wavers. However, coming back on here and seeing the levels of confidence can't help but boost mine. I am so up for this game now. Thanks Lads. I promise not to loose faith in the boys today. Although I will still be screaming at the ref regardless.

Guest oa_exile
where are these places ? new pubs in oldham???

They are all in Malaga , Spain........were costadelblue lives :Spain: