London pub - Saturdays game

sausageroll

I only really know of the regular oasis travelers from London and apart from one (wedding) I think that we will all be at the game Sat. Maybe you guys could meet up and post on here a venue .... i think most pubs would probally ahve it on at that time ... sports cafe??

I phoned the Sports Cafe and they don't seem to know what the score is. You can book a booth, I think, and choose your channel, but these might be all taken already. If you sit somewhere without booking they are re-seating at 1 so you might get kicked off. The Blackpool and ManU games don't clash as they're on the same channel, but Motd starts at 12.40 so who knows? If we get extra time and penalties it'll be 2.30 and maybe they'll switch to bbc before that. They said I should phone Saturday morning and basically I'm none the wiser.

I phoned the Sports Cafe and they don't seem to know what the score is. You can book a booth, I think, and choose your channel, but these might be all taken already. If you sit somewhere without booking they are re-seating at 1 so you might get kicked off. The Blackpool and ManU games don't clash as they're on the same channel, but Motd starts at 12.40 so who knows? If we get extra time and penalties it'll be 2.30 and maybe they'll switch to bbc before that. They said I should phone Saturday morning and basically I'm none the wiser.

Thanks for the info GFBunn. Never been to the Sports Cafe so not familiar with how it works but dont sound good if they are gonna kick you off at half-time. More generally, im worried that everywhere will be showing all the pre-match ManU guff. Still havent found anywhere that promises to show the whole game. :(

Fom JKlatics

"I too am an exile stuck in London this weekend. There's an amusing boozer opposite Waterloo station, under the arches, called the Hole In The Wall. They welcome all fans, even Scots..." don't know if you want to head down there .. I know the lad who posted this been to a few games this year.

let me know if you want to head there and I'll text him

mark

Fom JKlatics

"I too am an exile stuck in London this weekend. There's an amusing boozer opposite Waterloo station, under the arches, called the Hole In The Wall. They welcome all fans, even Scots..." don't know if you want to head down there .. I know the lad who posted this been to a few games this year.

let me know if you want to head there and I'll text him

mark

Thanks Mark. Sounds good, the more the merrier as far as im concerned and the more chance we got of stopping them switching over to ManU!

Just phoned another place near Angel. If it goes to extra time and penalties they can't guarantee they won't be switching over to bbc. Might have to be one of those places that show every sporting event on earth simultaneously. Trouble is I don't know of any :shock:

Just phoned another place near Angel. If it goes to extra time and penalties they can't guarantee they won't be switching over to bbc. Might have to be one of those places that show every sporting event on earth simultaneously. Trouble is I don't know of any :shock:

I'm heading towards Angel and Upper ST and hoping for the best. Like you say need somewhere with multiple screens where they can keep one on in the corner showing Oldham game. I'm guessing maybe O'neills or Walkabout on Upper St?

This is the place in Waterloo:

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/30/308/

The bloke on jkl said the game would be on, so I phoned and checked. I told the guy (landlord I presume) the game won't run past 2.30 and he said that would be fine, the only problem would be if anyone missed the start of the FA cup final (which is impossible). He said he's happy to turn over at the last minute to the 'big' game, so it looks like a safe bet. There'll be a few of us there anyway if anyone wants to join.

:comeon:

This is the place in Waterloo:

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/30/308/

The bloke on jkl said the game would be on, so I phoned and checked. I told the guy (landlord I presume) the game won't run past 2.30 and he said that would be fine, the only problem would be if anyone missed the start of the FA cup final (which is impossible). He said he's happy to turn over at the last minute to the 'big' game, so it looks like a safe bet. There'll be a few of us there anyway if anyone wants to join.

:comeon:

Cheers for that. Would have joined you but was lucky enough to get a ticket at the last minute