OLDHAM ATHLETIC GO INTO ADMINISTRATION.

Guest sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world

I am fairly sure that was the headline on the front of the chron that day.

I have just been reading on JKL, some Blackpool fans saying we shouldnt give them stick because the chucked a couple of quid in our collection buckets back then.

Its over three years since i bought my seat at Boundary Park, the same for alot of people reading this no doubt. Its Also over three years since i threw as much as i could spare into those buckets, the same for alot of people reading this, no doubt.

I look back on the last three years and there has been heartache, joy and an huge sense of relief. I, like many of you, doubted that Oldham Athletic as we know it would make it through that summer. Guess what, we did, we are here and we are stronger than ever.

The sweat and tears put into Oldham Athletic by not only the fans, but their relatives and friends, makes it more than ever before a peoples club, we are not distanced from the club (some may feel it, but we get a lot more info and say than fans of other clubs).

Reading on JKL (granted there are some idiots on there) the Blackpool fans still take the pi$$ out of us for taking those buckets and collecting that money. I am sure these are in the minority because the majority will have been glad to help. As someone put it, what do they expect, a formal thank you at every single game from now to eternity?

They helped us out, granted, we were and are still grateful, every single person who put in those buckets got a thanks there and then from the person holding the bucket.

I would help out a club in trouble in the future. If i see people collecting outside Bloomfield road because Blackpool are struggling i would put money in, as i would with any club i can. (On an off note £3.50 a programme is a scandal!)

We have made it to the playoffs, we can go on a trip to Wembley, all just three years after going into administration. How lucky is this club for having Simon Corney, Simon Blitz and Danny Gazel? We are having at least one new stand built in the next 12 months and the club is being run like a business. It was great to see the two Simons at the sponsors dinner last night, but my biggest regret is that i didnt say thanks to them.

This is a soppy post, i dont think it has been said enough to them for how grateful we actually are for them taking this club, which was face down in the s**t and pulling it back up to this level, its an incredible turn around.

So Simon, Simon and Danny, thanks lads, you made all this possible and i will be eternally grateful to you three.

Here comes the motivational bit.

Saturday is the last time Oldham Athletic will play, unless we win. No more football, thats it. On Saturday 'Sing your hearts out for the lads' takes on a different meaning. I want noise for 90minutes non-stop. I do not want to be quiet whether we are 1 up, 2 up, 2 down or 7 down. We sing and sing and sing. We shut the home fans up and we cheer the players on. The reason for this? We say thanks to TTA. They have done everything in their power since that fateful season. We have to do everything in our power to help the players.

The atmosphere is building,

the lucky 1800 are stood up by their seats,

The referee's walk out followed by 22 players. Only 11 matter to us.

COME ON OLDHAM, COME ON OLDHAM, COME ON OLDHAM, COME ON OLDHAM, COME ON OLDHAM, COME ON OLDHAM.

We WILL Get to Wembley. We WILL be victorious.

Edited by sheridans_world

As someone put it, what do they expect, a formal thank you at every single game from now to eternity?

Yes they do. It's almost like that whole situation was our fault and none of our fans did anything or put any money in. We did though, not that they'll pay any attention to that.

I wouldn't wish it on any club but sometimes, just sometimes, I wonder how they'd feel if it happened to them. Who says it won't either. He who laughs last...

Yes they do. It's almost like that whole situation was our fault and none of our fans did anything or put any money in. We did though, not that they'll pay any attention to that.

I wouldn't wish it on any club but sometimes, just sometimes, I wonder how they'd feel if it happened to them. Who says it won't either. He who laughs last...

Great post but surely you'd avoid Wigan & Huddersfields bucket :wink:

Excellent post Sheridans World and I agree with everything you have said.

I would like to add that a lot of people may have forgotten the work that Sean Jarvis did in those initial weeks after Mr. Moore shafted us; he kept the profie of Latics high in the media and the club ticking over. I for one was very sad the day he left as I think as a club we owed him something. But I realise that TTA invested the money, so they have every right to take up the running of the club and choose who does it. I suspect Sean wanted a bigger input than he was being offered.

:ktf:

Here Here....i remember seeing simon corney in the litten tree, many months ago and i still regret not offering to buy him a drink (not that he needs one buying!) but as a gesture of genuine thanks.

When we beat blackers on sat, we''l be thanking them further.

The time is NOW!! :OWTB1::OWTB1::ktf: Roll on saturday. Can't wait!

Agree with all your sentiments SW. I think you always question the motives of people when they take over a football club cos it surely can't be for the money! The three amigos are real football fans. They seem to be genuine and open about whats going on and realistic with their aims. I think some of their statements have been pretty spot on and it looks like they are here for the long term despite not receiving the support they deserve from the Oldham public. We are very lucky to have these guys at our club.

Great post but surely you'd avoid Wigan & Huddersfields bucket

Well, I don't mind Huddersfield so much. I enjoy beating them and playing them. Always a good game.

Wigan on the other hand :angry:

You know as well as I do. That is not right in any way at all.

As someone who when we were in dire times and did make the ultimate step of getting the buckets out. I know full well what away fans contributed a fair amount of money to our campaign as I collected along with Mr Wilson (before he p1ssed off to the Royle Bar about 2pm everyweek) at the away end. He'd generally make his excuses and leave just after all the coaches had been and gone.

I love how Blackpool and Tranmere fans make the bucket jibes, yet we never collected from the latter. We collected twice from Blackpool. Once in the league, where they tried to rob a certain D.Wilson's bucket on the hill in between the RRE and the Lookers. The second time was for York City, as it followed the Notts County game the previous weekend and the decision had been made that they were in the greater need of the three clubs at the time. I told a fair few Seasiders that it was for York City due to them being in serious trouble and I remember full well the reply I got. "Well I dont give a sh1t, I wouldnt give them my money either."

All we got off Blackpool fans was a load of grief and pennies at the most. The Worst set of fans by far that we actually collected from. If I could actually log on JK today, I'd put them straight but for some reason it wont let me.

There was one however. Nice female Seasider who did stick a note in the bucket for the F.A Cup game. The rest on the whole were d**kheads!

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Guest oa_exile
If I could actually log on JK today, I'd put them straight but for some reason it wont let me.

Apparantly something to do with the BB80 Police :busted: from what i hear :jailed: Rocky :jailed::wink:

What a great post, brought a tear to my eye. Totally wish I had a ticket for the game, but not to be for us none season ticket holders. I'll just have to cheer the lads on from the Boro and then when we get to Wembley. Well done TTA, well done Shez on a successful season whatever happens on Saturday!!

The three amigos are real football fans. They seem to be genuine and open about whats going on and realistic with their aims. I think some of their statements have been pretty spot on and it looks like they are here for the long term despite not receiving the support they deserve from the Oldham public. We are very lucky to have these guys at our club.

They most certainly are. They went up in my mind more so than never, at Brentford away this season. We walked past the team coach where Blitz was stood outside talking. When we came out at 5 to Three of the pub, we came across three lads who were very happy as they'd just spent some time talking with Corney and Blitz and had been handed some free tickets. They'd only left the pub a few moments before us as well. Still, cant fault the three amigo's for giving some complimentary tickets to three lads (and more according to them) who'd made the journey down to see Latics. :grin:

They most certainly are. They went up in my mind more so than never, at Brentford away this season. We walked past the team coach where Blitz was stood outside talking. When we came out at 5 to Three of the pub, we came across three lads who were very happy as they'd just spent some time talking with Corney and Blitz and had been handed some free tickets. They'd only left the pub a few moments before us as well. Still, cant fault the three amigo's for giving some complimentary tickets to three lads (and more according to them) who'd made the journey down to see Latics. :grin:

Simon Blitz also bought two of the "Unofficial" Taylor T-Shirts off Leeslover that day.

So they are also helping to fund OWTB as well!

Keeping The Show On The Road

To be fair Luke, there were plenty of decent Lashers that first collection. If I remember correctly it was the biggest collection we got.

It was just the drunken idiots who tarnished the day, turning up at minutes to three in a right state.

I would never dream of doing that :lol:

KtF,

Derek.

To be fair Luke, there were plenty of decent Lashers that first collection. If I remember correctly it was the biggest collection we got.

It was just the drunken idiots who tarnished the day, turning up at minutes to three in a right state.

I would never dream of doing that :lol:

KtF,

Derek.

No. You'd be turning up minutes after three in a right state! :lol:

Inspirational post SW!

When I had my retirement party in Oldham it was a very emotional night, as the only light at the end of the tunnel had turned out to be a runaway train with the hoax Norwegian consortium on it. I was reluctant to have a collection for Latics among the guests, but some Wrexham fans present insisted on organising a whip-round. Afterwards they went in pubs in Yorkshire Street and collected there also. When we played at Wrexham subsequently, I pointed out Sean Jarvis to the Wrexham organiser of the collection. he then went up to shake Sean's hand and thanked him for all his efforts to save our Club.

Subsequently Wrexham went through an Administration of their own and battled to prevent the owner of their club killing it completely. I was happy to donate to their collection at that time. Now I see the Wrexham fans are signing the official petition to support the redevelopment of BP. The camaraderie amongst football supporters can be fantastic when the chips are down!

I took the opportunity to thank Sean Jarvis and Neil Joy outside Spotland, Rochdale after a pre-season game. Prior to the same game I had to walk round the pitch from the bar to the only food kiosk open long before the kick-off. As I was coming back past the tunnel Iain Dowie was walking out, and I thanked him too for leading by example to keep up the spirits of the players and staff while they weren't being paid. I had tears in my eyes and he said there was no need to thank him. It's easy for people to point out failings of Jarvis and Dowie, as they do with Alan Hardy, but they had the best interests of the club at heart when it mattered most.

I've also thanked TTA personally, and it's good to see someone else praising their efforts, SW.

Now, on to Saturday. We want a repeat of the atmosphere that we had in our part of the stand at Brighton, but with even more people singing. Those sat back in the sun with their arms folded that day know who they are. They'll have all summer to do that. This is the last chance (unless we get to Wembley) to sing yourself hoarse for for the lads.

Guest sheridans_world
Great post mate.

Just a quick sidenote was it three or four years ago we went into administration. I was only 13 at the time so could someone explain the situation.

I sort of know that :censored: put money and money into the club to try and get us up, we failed, he left us after we lost in the play offs in May 2003 then we was in huge debt, we went into adminstration and was close to folding in June 2003 ????? Jarvis bought the club for a £1 to keep us alive ? Then in November 2003 the 3 amigos paid off all debts ??? That right ? and how close was we to folding ? on the verge ?

Cheers

Yes in essence that is right.

AS the rumours go, he was into Latics, wanted to get us promoted quick and failed. Next thing we know the club is in serious financial problems. The reason cited for this is that :censored: knocked an oldham lass up and his wife said dump the club or i go. Whether there is any truth in that i dont know.

That lovley Wednesday evening down at loftus road i was drinking in a pub called the Springbok. To my suprise :censored: turned up and i must have talked to him for a good ten minutes.(His smugness always annoyed me but i had to let it go, if only i could meet him now :fighting: ) In that ten minutes he assured me he wasnt leaving the club, he was there for time to come and actually seemed a sensible bloke. Turned out to be an :trollarse: .

It was the June when he annouced he was leaving, not before clawing back as much money as possible by selling off our star talents for megre amounts. Scandalous the amounts they went for.

For some reason the 21st June sticks in my mind, no idea why. It could be something random. It was around then that Sean Jarvis and Neil Joy aquired the club for £1. Latics played with a patched up team of youth players and free transfers the next season, Dowie kept us up, even funding the pre-season tour (to the Isle of Man, i think, could be wrong) out of his own pocket.

Weeks after the new owners took over Dowie quit and that was the end of an era.

I could be on my death bed in 60 years time, if you bring that F***ing K**b anywhere near me, i will end up in prison and he will end up either in ER or in a coffin. My feelings run very very strong for that guy and they will for some years to come. I would not hesitate to kick ten bells out of him.

One little bit of good news though he messed up. Torex (his company, the name everyone either covered up or peeled of their then latics shirts) is in trouble. Now a member of the ISOFT group. He was the chairman i think. He had to step down. Financial Irregularities. He cannot be a director on the board of any company in the UK for the next 10 years.

Couldnt have happened to a nicer :trollarse:

Edited by sheridans_world

For some reason the 21st June sticks in my mind, no idea why. It could be something random. It was around then that Sean Jarvis and Neil Joy aquired the club for £1. Latics played with a patched up team of youth players and free transfers the next season, Dowie kept us up, even funding the pre-season tour (to the Isle of Man, i think, could be wrong) out of his own pocket.

Think the tour was Ireland. Could be wrong though!

Guest sheridans_world
Think the tour was Ireland. Could be wrong though!

Like i said, i could be wrong.

Superb post SW. Its about time someone put things straight and make people (not meaning anyone inparticular on OWTB) realise the efforts that we have going on in the club. As for blackpool whinging, that just takes all the shine off their efforts, i bet the moaners didnt even give us a hand when we were in admin. Fact is, the passion is fought on the pitch, not outside it. We have thanked blackpool for their support and are grateful, il be sure to give to them if ever theyre under the cosh. Lets show em who runs this county.

COME ON OLDHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111