2003 v 2007

Don't agree SW. Only Wigan conceded less than us thast season, and they were AWESOME that year. And our away record was immense, only losing 2 away from BP.

I think we drew too many games.

Only 3 players got into double figures that year and Eyresy top scored with 13 league goals.

Still we had more than a few players who were hitting the 10 goal mark or so.

So that's a good return from other players chipping in.

what I felt with the 2003 side was that had we not picked up so many injuries and suspentions then we would of got automatic, I agree with melia it was a superior side, playing in a much tougher Division, look at the players not just at our club but at our competing clubs who have made it at a higher level, Dean Ashton, Rob Hulse, Danny Gabiadon, James Collins, Learoy Lita, Danny :censored:tu, almost the entire Wigan team, it goes on. I think of the current squad that would get in I'd say Porter instead of Wijnhard and Wellens for Mini Shez. But the 2003 team played 3-5-2 and the current one is 4-4-2, sp this factor may make it harder to compare

If it isn't going well in the last five minutes tomorrow, would anyone have a go at Wellens for having an 'Andrews' moment?

When he lashed out at the QPR player that night, I would expect that everyone in the stands wanted to do exactly the same thing. I know I did.

For what it is worth, Wellens for Murray would be the only change I would make from the 2003 team.

KtF,

Derek.