Stone Roses Tickets

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting for mine, I've checked the site and it says they will be despatched closer to the time.

I've got a bunch of people coming up from Oxford for this, most of them got tickets for the Sunday but one lad got tickets for the Saturday, I'm guessing 4 tickets but don't know, could be 2. He has asked if I know anyone with Sunday tickets that wants to swap for Saturday tickets. I don't but wondered if anyone on here does?

• 3 weeks later...

Got my tickets the other week!

Line ups are out and i'm even more excited with getting the friday tickets :grin:

The full line-ups

:: June 29 - Primal Scream, The Wailers, The Vaccines and Kid British.

:: June 30 - Beady Eye, The Wailers, Professor Green and Hollie Cook.

:: July 1 - Plan B, The Wailers, The Justice Tonight Band and Dirty North.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

By sounds of the beer situation from last night, and the poor line-up on Sunday, our lot are planning to stay in town a little later than would usually do for a gig.

Anyone read the press reviews from last night? Absolutely cringeworthy! I'm not old enough (!) to have seen them first time round but have seen Ian Brown live a couple of times over recent years and him not being able to hold a note will have been no news, and of no detriment to the enjoyment, of absolutely any of the paying punters there last night.

Had a giggle to myself though when the writer of one particular smarmy, sly review (either Indy or Guardian) referred to Second Coming signature tune 'Love Comes Around'!

By sounds of the beer situation from last night, and the poor line-up on Sunday, our lot are planning to stay in town a little later than would usually do for a gig.

Anyone read the press reviews from last night? Absolutely cringeworthy! I'm not old enough (!) to have seen them first time round but have seen Ian Brown live a couple of times over recent years and him not being able to hold a note will have been no news, and of no detriment to the enjoyment, of absolutely any of the paying punters there last night.

Had a giggle to myself though when the writer of one particular smarmy, sly review (either Indy or Guardian) referred to Second Coming signature tune 'Love Comes Around'!

What was the "beer situation"?

What was the "beer situation"?

The ques were fairly organised but massively busy as you would expect from a crowd that big when I went, although apparently it turned into abit of a scrum inbetween Primal screem and the Roses coming on stage.

Thoroughly enjoyed it was better than I expected as I though it had the potential to be a car crash but was really good met a random Latics fan hello to you sir if you read this forum. the crowd was an interesting mix between those in their 30'40's who saw the Roses in their prime and were reliving their youth, and people like myself who got into the roses later on but were to young to get into them first time around and fianlly got the opportunity to see them live.

my mum ,who lives 2mins from heaton park ,told me on the phone today that there was a concert in the park ,and she could hear all of it ,and she said the music was great (she is 87 years old ) ,but the fireworks were very loud

They're certainly no ELO.

I can hear 'The Diary of Horace Wimp' in my head right now. Mixed with Sweet talking woman, Telephone Line etc. A song from this new fangled "Stone Roses" I do not know.

That Plan B the modern lads mentioned is pretty good though. He can sing and everything, like.

Edited by OldhamSheridan