'Contract Rebels'

This is my thinking about it. When he originally signed for us the competition was QPR (IIRC Leeds were in our league), easily commuatble clubs from Manchester in the Championship (which may include Notlob, Pies and Bastard next season) would be daft not to look at him as he's the best RB I've seen at this level since Eardley.

I think the same might apply to the likes of Taylor, Furman (who has settled in Whitefield) and presumably Simpson (who has settled near Hudds). The upheaval of moving to another part of the country shouldn't be underestimated.

A man of taste! I might have to do some local stalking.

Patience - last yearwe were fairly glad to be clearing the decks and being happy that most of the signed up players were OK. Granted some better ones are at risk this time but there will still be an avalanche of players pouring down from divisions and academies above, not only fighting for places but competing with the likes of Furman and Simpson who might otherwise attract offers. If we can't afford them, we have to look to do as well in the loan market as we did last time, and be grateful that Dickov has got a good policy working there as oppossed to the Shez way

I doubt the summer will be as bad as some are predicting it to be. I think the majority of players that are out of contract and Dickov wants to keep will sign new deals and the ones who aren't good enough will be released.

I really hope Taylor signs a new deal, he would be a big loss for us.

All four are good enough to be top end League One players/bottom half of the Championship. Those clubs want decent squads and will offer 2 or 3 year deals simply to squad players. Evina hasn't had a look in at Charlton yet got a 2 or 3 year deal. That sort of offer to the modern day footballer is more preferable to the 1 year deals we'll be offering. Taylor will walk for definite, he's not been interested in even discussing a new deal.. it wouldn't surprise me if he went out on 'loan' before the end of March, just like Stephens did.

is your source Dave Taylor?

Has next season's fixture list been announced yet? Which division are we in? I only ask because there's more than a fair chance that contracts don't get offered until our L1 status is assured and, even then, I would bet the contents of my loose change jar that only short term deals will be offered again. The players themselves, are obviously entitled to see what else comes in at the end of the season so it makes no sense for them to sign now and there could also be an element of them wanting to see who else stays/ leaves before they'd commit anyway.

We've got no money and, rightly, don't want to be over-committing ourselves at the expense of the club's future. Just something that we have to put up with, I'm afraid.

It would be nice to offer a few two year deals out, players like Lee have earned that right. Personally I think we will lose/get rid of: Taylor, Parker, Diallo, McGrath, Millar, Kuqi.

Think we will be able to keep hold of Lee, Furman, Wes, Simmo, Black, Mellor, Morais and Reid. There maybe others whose deals end