What are you watching at the moment?

Crusoe

THE KING IN THE NORTH!!!!

As someone who has read all the books out at the mo I can safely say imo that the series gets better or at least stays as good. Apparently the people making it are going to veer away from doin a book a season (They say that only the first series will be near enough just the first book) they are going to jump around a little bit between books which is a good thing as one of the middle books tends to drag a little with not many of the more interesting and likeable characters viewpoints told. There shouldn't be any difference noticeable on tv hopefully.

Also loving the extra scenes not in the book to help flesh out characters and backgrounds in order to help the tv show.

Also.... booooooooooooooobs!

All we really want is boobs and violence. Thank you HBO.

Toying with the idea of reading the books. Only issue being that I have really enjoyed watching the series and being surprised with all the twists and turns. So I don't know whether to just stay one book behind when I start reading them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im half way through series 2 of breaking bad. Not quite what I expected.

I didnt buy into one key character at first, but as its gone on Ive began to get more impressed with the show.

Some of the fringe character's acting is a bit ropey, the plot is unbelievable, but its entertaining and Im still watching it 15 or so episodes in.

I've just started Game of Thrones. Nowt like a bit of incest to keep you gripped.

We've just started the second series, quality show, loving the Imp, one of the best characters in a TV show ever. Plus there are some quality norks through out it all.

I know I shouldn't really like it, as my snobbish side rebels, but Man v Food is so bloody hypnotic.

I absolutely hate cookery shows in all forms.

But I love it. I know I shouldn't. I know its probabably the show with the least morals of all time... but I love it.

Just finished series 2 of game of thrones. Awesome. I'm in the middle of book 5 too, hooked!

Tv wise, just started watching Ashes to Ashes on virgin on demand.

Fire up the Quattro! Quality!

We've got about 4 episodes left of series 2, I'd help her find her dragons any day of the week ifyerknowhaddamean! I'd find those dragons good and indeed proper! And if that nurse Robb Stark is getting along with nicely would need any help with her bandages then I'd pitch in there too. The good sort that I am.

I've done two episodes so far. Second one wasn't much cop in comparison to the first, but I'm still intrigued.

Watched the first episode of Mad Men t'other night. You're gonna give me some drip-drip-drip drivel, aren't you? :wink: It was alright, better than Boardwalk Empire (I didn't even finish the season), but I can see it being a bit of a slog.

I've done two episodes so far. Second one wasn't much cop in comparison to the first, but I'm still intrigued.

Watched the first episode of Mad Men t'other night. You're gonna give me some drip-drip-drip drivel, aren't you? :wink: It was alright, better than Boardwalk Empire (I didn't even finish the season), but I can see it being a bit of a slog.

Mad Men is awesome. Just shut up and watch it.

Took me till about 3-4 in to really get into Game of Thones, but then did enjoy it. Mad Men, again quite a few but as with most of these series we watch a lot in a short space of time so by the end of an evening you are hooked. Is very slow burning and in many episodes not much happens but the overall feel of the piece is very enjoyable. My wife can not stand repeats (easy jokes go here) but Mad Men is very layered as are most shows to be fair and I miss many things that are only picked up on by repeated viewing.

I would stick with Mad Men as there are some very rewarding elements to it.

I wanted to watch that, it looks awesome.

My missus isn't interested in stuff like Game of Thrones, The Wire, Mad Men etc so I'm stuck with watching them on the laptop, which is a bit anti-social and I get a bit guilty. :blush:

All we really want is boobs and violence. Thank you HBO.

Toying with the idea of reading the books. Only issue being that I have really enjoyed watching the series and being surprised with all the twists and turns. So I don't know whether to just stay one book behind when I start reading them.

I couldn't recommend the books more!! Just hope Martin doesn't take too long with the remainder of the series as i fear the tv show will catch up quicker than him finishing the series and could lead to the show possibly dipping in quality somehow. Fingers crossed that beacuase the series has such big interest now it spurs him on to finsih it in a more timely fashion!

I don't think i could stay a book behind the temptation would be too much haha

Mad Men is ace. The Lawnmower Scene is a lovely jolt.

That's my problem though. Nearly all the good bits are the office bits. Which means each episode can be between 50-80% awesome, but in season three the mix seems skewed to the former.

Archived