What are you watching at the moment?

Crusoe

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I read a few of his years ago but never the Jack Ryan ones. Any good?

His books are very similar and as most are in the Jack Ryan universe I'm impressed that you managed to read the ones outside that universe without the Jack Ryan ones. 

Think some of the stuff that makes his books harder to read, the very specific jargon, wouldn’t be applicable to TV/film. 

On 5/11/2018 at 7:41 PM, rudemedic said:

The Bridge is on iPlayer in preparation for the 4th series. I fully endorse this statement, it is mint.

Nordic noir is excellent. Sofia has put on a bit of timber but shit, she plays Saga well. 

The bridge is one of the finest TV shows ever. For me, only slightly behind GOT, The Prisoner (which i have just bought the box set), Forbrydelsen and Edge of Darkness.

Just finished watching Discovery which was very good. The Expanse was hard slog in season 1, but season 2 brought it all together well.

Ozark was excellent and just finished watching the equally excellent season 3 of Animal Kingdom. Pope is one fecked up crazy feck and Smurf is sickeningly creepy.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I really enjoyed Chernobyl. I'm usually a right knob about stuff that gets on the hype train but there was bugger all on so I thought I'd give it a go. Not sure if it is deserving of the "Best TV eva!!!" tag it has but it is a pretty tightly done series, 5 episodes I think, doesn't feel rushed, the claustrophobic feeling works well and I don't think more episodes are needed. Some very good performances in it and they deliver some good writing well. 

• 3 months later...
16 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I'll let my kids know... :grin:

You may be surprised by it. Whilst it still has the super hero elements its far more thoughtful and satirical than a Marvel movie. I don't really watch the latter, but loved it all the same. 

I can't wait for these. 

First Once upon a time in Hollywood now these two - they suddenly seem to have decided to start making some decent films again....

The Netflix thing is weird though - apparently cinemas won't agree to show The Irishman in the US.

They need to have it on the big screen for 30 days to qualify for Oscars (or something like that) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2019 at 5:39 PM, Ackey said:

The Boys on Amazon is brilliant

Someone else told me about this tonight. I'm not at all into superhero shite but it could be something I get over.

Binge watching Brassic which was filmed at two of my old stomping grounds; The Star & Garter in Manchester (all pub scenes, where I occasionally frequent and used to DJ at) and Bacup (where I worked for five years). Reminded me a lot of Shameless but even more belly laugh funny. Great cast with Joe Gilgun (This is England), Michelle Keegan (Corrie), Neil Fitzmaurice (Phoenix Nights, Peep Show), Dominic West (The Wire) and the fella who plays Sidekick Simon (Alan Partridge). Loads of other familiar faces an' all.

On 10/20/2019 at 12:36 AM, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Someone else told me about this tonight. I'm not at all into superhero shite but it could be something I get over.

Binge watching Brassic which was filmed at two of my old stomping grounds; The Star & Garter in Manchester (all pub scenes, where I occasionally frequent and used to DJ at) and Bacup (where I worked for five years). Reminded me a lot of Shameless but even more belly laugh funny. Great cast with Joe Gilgun (This is England), Michelle Keegan (Corrie), Neil Fitzmaurice (Phoenix Nights, Peep Show), Dominic West (The Wire) and the fella who plays Sidekick Simon (Alan Partridge). Loads of other familiar faces an' all.

Brassic is absolutely brilliant - We binged through that in a single day! 

Sidekick Simon is Tim Key, one of the most astonishingly funny men, his stand-up is brilliant. He's an amazing actor. He's a poet. He's one of the creatives behind TaskMaster (he's BFFs with Alex Horne) 

The Orville (on Fox here) is brilliant, for anyone who likes proper Star Trek from back in the day, when it was a 'Monster of the week' serial. It's made by Family Guy/American Dad creator Seth McFarlen, but don't let that attract you / put you off, as whilst there's an occasional dick joke it's a lot more subtle and funny than that. It's basically like an adult-friendly version of Trek and honestly just amazing. I watched 9 hours of it yesterday alone (no, I don't have kids!).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived